How many films from the iMDb top 250 have you seen?

honeyisle, missmagaddict and tigerrouge, I hope you don't mind me asking but what films do you have left to see? it got me curious^_^

Maybe we should do the book challenge thing with these films? There's loads on that list that I want to watch but I have to will myself to watch it.
That's a fun idea! This could work as a motivational thread for those who wish to up their number :smile: (maybe we shouldn't list all film titles which would take a lot of scrolling ^_^)

Last edited by a moderator:
The modern films like Black Swan, Inception and The King's Speech, because I never get around to going to the cinema.

That list reminded me that when I was a teenager, I adored His Girl Friday (1940), because of the repartee. Thinking about it now, I even ended up working on newspapers... but I never met my Cary Grant.

121...a lot of the older movies, hardly any of the new ones (but that does pretty much sum up my movie watching habits :lol:)

114. Thanks for bringing the list to my attention. I'm always looking for good movies to watch so this will help out. :flower:

It depends on how you define questionable.. it's a user generated list where thousands of members vote on movies and the ones with the best average are there.

Of course this doesn't define what's truly good seeing how taste is subjective but it's makes for pretty good help when deciding on what movie to see.

82 ... whenever i wanted to watch a movie i checked that list so i've seen just about everything that seemed interesting. I think i watched even more than that since some movies appear with their title in Romanian and i was too lazy to check all of them.

84. I have a hard time watching older movies. I have tried to watch Casablanca 3 times, but have fallen asleep every time.

honeyisle, missmagaddict and tigerrouge, I hope you don't mind me asking but what films do you have left to see? it got me curious^_^

That's a fun idea! This could work as a motivational thread for those who wish to up their number :smile: (maybe we shouldn't list all film titles which would take a lot of scrolling ^_^)

These are the ones I haven't seen. I'll have to check them out.

-12 Angry Men
-M
-Paths Of Glory
-The Lives Of Others
-Festen
-The Third man
-Roshomon
-The Elephant Man
-The King's Speech
-The General
-Grave Of The Fireflies
-Wild Strawberries
-The Gold Rush
-Ikiru
-The Secret In Their Eyes
-Sherlock Jr.
-Duck Soup

53. How pathetic. I'm not a huge fan of that list though. It swings a little popular movie du jour for my tastes.

I've only 62 films on the list. However, like it has been noted, their are a lot of action films on this list, which personally I'm not into those types. Maybe if it had been a little bit more fair in the genres listed I would have seen more.

I've seen 200 films on the list. It can be hard to actually watch all of the movies in the top 250 since the list changes so often.

I took a film class for one of my fine arts requirements, so I saw a lot of films there that I would never have watched.
Like Roshomon (loved it) and 2001: A Space Odyssey (hate it with a passion).

Since a lot of us aren't too happy with some of the films that have made this list, maybe we could do something slightly different, in where we each nominate 5 (or however many, depending on numbers) films that we recommend everyone should watch, and then create a list from those.

IDK :P

193, it will probably be 194 soon because I'm trying to get through Patton. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->