How many magazines do you have?

over 250 magazines with over 20 titles I collected all over the world. Worths 2000$

sometimes too many :innocent: - sometimes not enough:mrgreen:
at the moment, id rather get rid of all those that dont fit into my shelves

2j0yzh0.jpg

In Brazil it's very hard for people like me to buy lots of magazines. I'll explain why:
-Vogue Brazil is almost R$15 or 6 dollars more or less. That is extremely expensive compared to other Vogues (US Vogue is 3.99 dollars, for instance).
- If our national magazine is already that expensive, foreign ones are almost impossible for me to get them. Vogue Paris usually costs R$ 60 or 24 dollars. Dec/Jan issue is 76 reais (30 dollars). US Vogue is 30 reais (12 dollars).
- It's hard to find international mags if you don't live in big cities (like me). So I just have the opportunity to get them when I go to bigger cities, which is only occasionally. I usually travel in December or January when magazines are so thin that it’s not worth for me to buy them. We can buy them by internet but they’re usually very old.
So I just have 3 issues of US Vogue, 1 of Lucky, 1 Cosmopolitan Australia, 1 UK InStyle which Idk where it is :lol:, 20 issues of Vogue Brazil, 22 of Elle Brazil, 1 Elle France and 1 US InStyle. Very poor collection compared to other people, but I pretend to increase it this year. I just start to buy magazines last year and I already spent 274.10 reais (110 dollars) only with VB :shock:

edits: I have 24 issues of Elle Brazil and I started to buy mags in 2007 (I forgot we're already in 2009 ^_^).

wow you guys!! and I thought I had loads of mags, I think I have close to a 100 or something

1 have 10 vogue russia, 4 bazaar russia, 6 elle russia, 15 cosmo
russia, 5 glamour russia and 34 cosmo georgia, 4 tatler russia, 2 gq russia
I have paid all this mags 240 dollars after summer 2007
i will get int issues of mags after february 2009

I've been buying at least 5 magazines a month for the past 15 years...I have to give them away, I only keep a few from each year. I have moved a lot and I can't drag them with my everywhere, they are so heavy to pack. That would have been at least 900 if I had kept them...

Last edited by a moderator:
between 100 and 150, I should recount..
I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who collects magazines !

I love them so much :heart:

I just recount, and i was wrong... I own 197 magazines.

mostly French, italian, american and british !

I have 274
I have honestly never ripped out of any of my magazines before, I even leave subscribe cards in as page markers.

I downsize alot for space and have no time to count one by one but for fashion mags I got between 600-700 possibly more.

magazine hoarders anonymous..

i don't know how many i have now, but i've downsized here & there over the years & did a MAJOR downsize (i think about 60 to 70% of what i had) about 5 years ago, though i still have a lot of cuttings from the downsizes over the years.

i started buying fashion magazines when i was in my early teens. UK Elle was one of the first i started buying on a regular basis after it launched at the end of 1985. soon after i moved on to UK Vogue, iD, The Face, & from age 16 upwards i was buying French Elle, French Vogue, Vogue Italia & lots of others.

the fashion & style magazines i kept/kept intact are the majority of my Vogues (UK, US, Italia, French), Harper's Bazaar (US), W, Allure, iD, The Face, Dazed & Confused, Paper, Interview, Nylon, Flair (there's probably other bits & pieces in there too), with the Vogues, Harper's Bazaar, iD & The Face making up the largest percentage (my UK Vogue, Vogue Italia & Vogue US piles alone are around 6ft high each). most are from between 1988 & 2003.

i also had a lot of (more recent) magazines in the US, which i sadly had to leave there when i moved back to the UK a couple of years ago, which is when i pretty much stopped buying fashion magazines. i just don't have the space or £ for more right now. :(

My collection mostly consists of Vogue (UK, US, French German, Italian and Spanish), Elle (UK, US with some French), US Bazaar, W & Allure, UK Harper's & Queen, i-D & The Face..

..most of the older magazines simply sit around in an outhouse in piles taller than a person. I honestly think my father might die from a heart attack trying to move some of them.

My newer ones accumulate in the house I currently live in, in ordered piles along one wall. I live by myself, so I can be selfishly crazy with my personal space, and turn one room into a magazine library.

cripes, i'm a little bit freaked out by how much you sound like me :blink: my Elle (UK, French, US) & Harpers & Queens went in the big downsize though.

hundreds! I have a pile of them in my room and it nearly touched the ceiling. I had to take them all down because it was like a leaning tower of pisa!

I only have in the 300's but I use to have alot more. I got rid of alot bc I had to move a few times and moving alot of magazines is not easy. The most I ever had was between 700-800

I only have in the 300's but I use to have alot more. I got rid of alot bc I had to move a few times and moving alot of magazines is not easy. The most I ever had was between 700-800

Moving alot of magazines is indeed such a big hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eyl278
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->