how to dye your cat... *for those with a sense of humour only*

No no! Louis Vuitton is definatly the trendiest! The trademark LV's will make everyone fall in love with the cat:rolleyes::woot::lol: :wink:

i'll make as if i had not seen the "he's allergic to tackiness" and "no logos" statement, and suggest that you buy one of those marvellous l'oreal packs that come with the base colour (go for a gorgeous deep chocolate shade) and a tiny brush to add highlights (choose gold)
if you are good at it, you could even go for monogram, but not a blatant monogrammed catsuit -_-. if you are gonna go for it, do it façon leon talley! B)
andremamie.jpg

mamievandoren.com

when you are done with the classic monogram, and only for real professional...the next way to go is to do the murakami!! NEVER tacky! seriously hot!

lv-fanny-pack-on-model.jpg

VUITTON_WCFFW06_586White%20mink%20signature%20handbag.jpg

stylefix.net and fashion-era.com

Last edited by a moderator:
but....

:huh:...

that's MORE FUR!!...
:doh:...and it's now coloured and WHITE....*horror*...

i'd have to hermetically seal my closet then...

:P

... duh!!! murakami also comes in black -_-...

do i really have to explain everything?
oh these bloody uncultivated people!

:keeps reading Paris Hilton's biography:

:rofl:...

silly me...
WHAT was i thinking....:rolleyes:...

:o that cat looks lovely as it is..
i really like those kind of cats
grey looks great with black

anyways i actually thought this thread was serious :ninja: (and a *great* idea) :P because i often see coloured dogs on tvs, but not cats.. and also wondered how they do it
you could come up with a really gorgeous colour ^_^
a black dog is def better than a fuchsia or pink dog :mellow:

i still do think it's a great idea if i could figure it out ...
but it seems like it would be really high maintenance to have to do 'touch ups' on a regular basis...

the cat would have more hair appts than i do...

:lol:...

:rofl: @ this thread

my cat is 90% black and my clothes still end up with white hairs everywhere. :lol: I carry one of those sticky roller things in my bag

:rofl: well have you tried kool-aid? those dogs in the Juicy Couture ads were dyed with Kool-aid although how to mix black kool-aid I do not know ... actually I think PetSilk makes special hair coloring products for animals.. you should go see it!! :lol:

really? ^

if you want the kool-aid to be permanent
you have to heat whatever it is you are dyeing
and add vinegar

:ninja:

:lol:...
heat it...

* i actually had another brainstorm last hight...
when you have an angora sweater and you want it to stop shedding..
they say you should put it in the freezer for awhile...

so...kitty in the fridge?...
:unsure:...

or maybe at least outside when it's cold out?...
ii guess that would make his fur stay on to protect him from the chill...

but once he comes back in the warm apt he might just shed more than ever?!?...

:ermm:...

hmmm...
could be worth a shot anyway!..

i really do need to find a solution...
i love him...but he is making my life hell...
i can't sit on my own couch!

:judge:

swear to god if i could get him to wear the spacesuit i probably would do that !!!

:innocent:

try to throw in some white in your wardrobe and then it'll match! the white fur in the black fabric and the black hair in the white fabric!!

:rofl: well have you tried kool-aid? those dogs in the Juicy Couture ads were dyed with Kool-aid although how to mix black kool-aid I do not know ... actually I think PetSilk makes special hair coloring products for animals.. you should go see it!! :lol:

my friend does the exact same thing with her dog and it turns out nice and its not too high maintenance or bad for the dog, but never tried mix it to get a blacl shade of kool-aid haha, i think it would be somehow cruel to dye an animal though.....kool aid seems fine but something else i dont think i would do it to my pet:unsure:

softgrey :flower: thanks for the karma :shifty: I enjoyed looking through the amount of awful things you can put on your cat!! Like tuxedos and mermaid outfits. Ooo! And there was a whole website dedicated to making $60/$100 wigs for your cat! They did look quite cool though........:D

my cat constantly ruins my wardrobe too....damn kitties :P

i use the lint rollers....plus i just try to keep him away from my closet and i have a uniform of sorts that i put on when i intend to let him crawl and climb and cuddle all over me....then it's those clothes that get covered in cat hair over and over again....i try to change out of my nice black clothes and hang them up as soon as i get home to avoid the drama....a bit of a pain in the *** but it's worth it because he's divine....no clothes are worth as much as that cat is to me...:heart: :heart:

the worst part about my cat is that his black/grey hairs ruin my light clothes and his white hairs ruin my dark clothes...:rolleyes: :P it's a lose-lose really...

Attachments

• catbed.jpg
    catbed.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 3
This thread has creased me up! Its just a case of live with it as I wear mostly black with a touch of 'Candyfloss'. I have just loved the suggestions & adore the spacesuit, but dont think 'Her Highness' would dream of wearing one. If only I could get a black couture fur coat, hat & boots in her size, I think we would both be contended kitties!

This might not be very helpful to you...

I would not suggest dyeing an animal black. But I do happen to know how to 'color' an animal...But not black.

It's quite safe actually, but only if or when the fur is light enough. Let his fur soak in some Kool-Aid for a few minutes...Maybe half an hour (Brush it on)...Then wash him/her again...Then tada!

:innocent: But it won't turn it black. It'll turn pink or orange...Or blue.

Gotta admit it's a good tip to carry around :doh:

putting your pet in your bag/backpack so you can take them jogging with you..so cruel :rofl: !

they really are an accessory.

I have to say that I am a little disappointed that this thread is not filled with piccies of tfs cats that have been dyed funny colors! :lol:

I have seen people do that with white dogs. I met a woman with a pink dog and she swore that her dog LOVED it because the dog got so much attention. She also said she was careful to use non-toxic color so when they lick themselves it's not harmful in any way.

I have two black cats. It's strange, they both shed grey-ish hair. I guess the hair is lighter underneath. For me it's all about lint rollers - I keep them everywhere. Sometimes I even (shhhh) lint roll the cats. :shock:

well I thought i'd give it ago and here is the outcome: a lil bit uneven and patchy..but I'm quite pleased with the results! :shifty:
fredb-1.jpg

(my pic with some terrible photoshopping)
:rofl: the "pink" one is Pebbles :smile: and the black one is Fred ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->