How to treat dry hair?

I heard that (heated) olive oil strips the color.

So I have such dry dry hair... and not only that, each strand of hair is thick and so rough. Makes me wanna cry every time I touch my hair. The worst thing is I take care of my hair and still its so bad.

I apply a mixture of olive, coconut and almond hair oil every alternate days, overnight and take head bath the next day. Almost every hair shampoo that I used was making my hair rougher. So, right now I use either Dove or Toni and Guy shampoo and conditioners, which is atleast not making it more rough. Yes I do condition my hair every single time I wash it. I keep it on for like over 5 mins....etc etc etc

Please any other advice?? I really am desperate. :cry:

My hair has always been dry and frizzy to the point that I am actually afraid to go to the hairstylist because I know how they'll lament the state of my hair. It's almost as if I'm accused of not taking care of my hair! My hair is permed but not coloured. The last time I went to the stylist, she suggested a new conditioner - Davines Love conditioner for curls - and it has made a major difference to my hair. It is a lot less frizzy and feels really soft. The best part is that it does not weigh down my hair or make it limp.

Absolutely this
a3yyv6.jpg

(ebay.com)

Joico k-pak 4 step reconstruction (they are very concentrate so you don't have to put on your hair like normal products, you can use them any time you want once a week or once a month or 2 times a week depending on what your hair needs, except for the first 2 steps you have to be a little careful with them)
it's worth every cents

waki86.jpg

(my shot)

those are very cheap but A-M-A-Z-I-N-G
They are called "cholesterol" it's like a cream/deep conditioner, you can leave it half an hour or all night long or just 10 minutes depending on your hair condition, gives you shiny, silky and soft hair
apparently they sold them only in US so anytime my mother comes back from Carribeans she takes me some ;p
they come in different types: avocado, cocunot oil, olive oil, placenta, seashell etc

since last summer my hair went really $hitty due to ignorant hairdressers and my dumb ideas, on my experience only those product helped me aesthetically wise (health wise mostly you have to eat foods right for your hair, and for your health too of course, lots of water/green tea), so I just can't imagine what they would do on normal/healthy hair :0

I never dry my hair with driers or use flat irons, I just leave them to dry on their own with that non-washing-after sunsilk cream

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->