How to wear vintage fur

thanks for the feedback...:flower:
honestly-
that's the next issue---finding someone i trust to do any sort of alteration...

i know what you mean about the contemporary furs...
some of the styles are really good...

but to be honest...
i'm not really a 'fur kinda girl'...
the only reason i have these is because they were given to me...
so it's not likely that i will be buying a new one anytime soon...
*i learned my lesson when i bought a really bold black leather and white mink striped vintage 3/4 jacket...
which i have hardly used- except on photoshoots and as a halloween costume one year...
i went as cruella de ville!....
:lol:...

fur is too 'overt' for me in general...
as a rule, i prefer things that are a bit more subtle...

in retrospect...
i think i will try to wear it as is...
and if it proves impossible (and i find a qualified furrier) i will reconsider the option of altering the long mink...

very nice to see your enthusiasm here wsg...:flower:...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey no problem... fur is a total fashion obsession of mine... I just LOVE it!

How do other people wear vintage furs... or what you got... especially those total bargains from the vintage shop... post them here?!?!?!

This might be slightly off-topic, but being raised in a northern ice cold country I've bought a lot of fur in my days, vintage and new, I just want to tell everyone who is buying vintage fur that you really, really need to get the fur washed before bringing it into your closet. A lot of vintage shops don't wash the furs and when something is that old it might very well have a fur beetle or two living in there!! If you really don't have the time/money to have it profesionaly cleaned I would suggest putting it in the freezer inside a white plastic bag for a few days.

All my fur coats are vintage. Some were passed to me by family members and I got a full length and mid length when I was volunteering at Save the Children. They are not allowed to sell real fur, so I gave a decent donation for them. I love wearing fur and feel so 'at home' in it that I wear it with anything, any time. I'm just as happy wearing a fur jacket over my Primark jeans to go the shops as wearing my full length furs over a good dress to go to the theatre or ballet.

Im sooo the same as you feline... I defo dont think Fur has to be kept for posh frocks and fancy outfits... I adore it with jeans or a denim skirt... or I did, I'm too old for the demnim skirt now... or I love the contrast of bulky fur jacket and skinny jeans or leggings... looks amazing!

Post your vintage fur looks here!

MimiV... that's defo a good point! What vintage furs have you got? How do you like to wear fur?

IMG_6992.jpg

http://blog.allegracolletti.com/

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julovw
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->