How to wear wrap dresses

impossibleprincess

kabhi alvida
Reaction score
I just got this wrap dress, and while it's summer here it's perfect to wear to loads of places, but in the winter (and I live in London, so it's mostly cold) I don't want to just push it to the back of my wardrobe-I've tried it with skinny slightly bootleg jeans underneath and it actually works,(i also wear it with a long ethnic necklace) but I don't think wearing tights underneath would work on me. Any ideas about what else I could do with it when it get's a bit colder?? :flower:

It's just above the knee, slight v-neck, and long, long sleeved.

http://www.net-a-porter.com/cgi-bin/NETAPORTER.storefront

Are you sure you couldn't wear tights with it? There are some really great colored, printed, patterned, and textured tights out now. I have some that are a black-and-grey herringbone that would definitely work underneath a dress like that.

I think tights would be great with that. Large fishnets would be even better. I would definitely put it with a trouser and maybe a hint of cami showing at the vneck-making it look like a jacket. I've seen an old pic of Diane von Furstenberg wearing pants and a turtleneck under one of her signature wraps and thought she was tres chic. Boots would be great for cooler weather.

Tight capris with big fishnet socks and heels!
I would love that with a shorter pant, I think. But the pant would have to stay tight, otherwise it would look too wide.

tall boots with a great pointed toe and a nice heel would be awesome with that!

Add a little colorful fur stole and you'd be ready to hit the town!

you HAVE to do tights (purple would be nice)...slouchy suede boots ...preferably with fringe or ties or something and your gilet...even your new hat...

there you go... :flower:

Definitely tights or fishnets, with ankle boots.

Originally posted by softgrey@Aug 15 2004, 03:24 AM
you HAVE to do tights (purple would be nice)...slouchy suede boots ...preferably with fringe or ties or something and your gilet...even your new hat...

there you go... :flower:
[snapback]332371[/snapback]​

i like the hat idea :wink:
i don't know-i'm only 20-i wear tights with black pleated mini's a lot in the winter, but maybe it won't suit my age to wear them with knee-length? i'm a bit unsure-it sounds like a good idea but i definitely have to try it out first. I might try it out. Thanks for all the variations though guys!! I knew this would be the right place to come! :flower:

Try tights that match your skintone so that you look like you've gone bare legged.

I've worn tights with stuff or any length since I was younger than you. Wear the right tights, funk it up a little, and it can be perfectly age appropriate.

Where I am from (northwestern Nebraska) the winter weather is mighty severe (makes a British winter look like a balmy holiday) and if anyone wants to wear a dress or a skirt, she wears some tights underneath. Seriously, I lived in York for a year, and everyone was going on about how miserable winters were, and while the 5 hours of daylight sure wore me ragged, the actual temperature and weather didn't faze me.

Heck, when the weather here in Kansas City is really awful, I will wear ankle length skirts, thermal long-johns under, and tall boots that come up to mid-calf! I'll be waiting on the bus stop with all that, plus a thigh-length wool peacoat, hat, muffler, gloves, and am comfy as you like.

ure probably right-but I am the sort of person who will umm and aah over wearing something for the first time then do it loads after. It's just one of those things. Right now, I'm loving being able to wear the dress with a pair of cute thong sandals, like today. But some of ure ideas are things that I would have never thought of, so thankyou all for that!!!

not pantyhose.... :ninja: .which are old lady to me...but opaque or semi-opaque tights look great!!! and EVERYONE will be wearing them this fall...especially in spice tones like rust and burnt sienna as well as deep maroons and plums...

i think the idea may grow on you as the season wears on...a cool texture or pattern could also look great...chantilly lace or houndstooth...levante makes great tights and i think they are availabel there...i'd check them out...great styles and quality but much less than wolford...who obviously rule in the hosiery market... be careful though...some of the patterns can be quite awful...

it's another accessory to have fun with...i love 'em...and always have...especially if you have good legs...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->