Winter coats and jackets

I really do not think if I look criminal or not...
I just wanna be warm and protected from freezing wind.
And it depends how do you wear the coat, if you wear it 50cent style (hahah) you might look criminal or criminal wannabe.
I strongly think that my colorful knitted scarf and hat with pom pom´s makes me look...just a girl in too big coat
:lol:
It's not worth the risc of being attacked and robbed IMO...that's how they got their coats, and that's why no one here are buying them any more :sick: I still think it'd be hilarious if it was UGGs though :ninja:

^ yes, i own one (bc they are so warm and it gets really cold here during winter, its already -10c here), but i don't dare to go to these ghetto areas with it on; id get robbed right away. and maybe even killed.

Uhm...ok :lol: I seriously doubt that :wink: It never happens in the ghetto here strangely, mostly downtown when the neo nazis are having their, uhm, fun :ninja:

I talked to a shop owner about it recently, and he had to only have one jacket out on display while the rest where locked in the back :shock: He's considered to stop selling them because, well, people start to assume that if you're wearing Canada Goose it's because you stole it :lol: I do think it's a pity for those who save up to buy one, but you can get equally warm coats for far less money anyway.

I'm shocked by these comments:rofl: So I checked the site and the clothes don't seem very 'designed' so it's interesting to hear that they would notice that it's CG just by looking at it ---besides the big logo patch, which you could probably remove...

Reading these comments:

Thank god I am not living in some ghetto, even tough area where I live is not the fancyest.
Thank god I can wear whatever I want.

It is wierd that some kind of coat can make you look like criminal, I think it is totally about what you wear with the coat.

and thanks Meg from the info, I will check it out.

Wow, I was not aware of how CG is perceived in other european countries..! I am considering getting one but will probably wear it without the fur (I don't like how it looks), which hopefully downplays it a little.

Man, I just want to stay warm!!

Yes it is... now back to the coats... seen a fab max mara on ebay im thinking of bidding on... not the one I was after but its nice!

There are so many chic, cool and fab coats.. but in Norway there is just too cold to wear them. You need something warmer. Luckily I found a grand wool coat from Acne that makes me survive the painful winter here, up north. It is not so chic as I want it to be and I look like a black sheep sometimes, but it's so much better than the parkas.

im thinking of getting one of these coats. id be grateful for your opinions (i cant decide!!!)

this one is from espirit

this one is from zara

thankyou x

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the 1st one. But either would be a great choice :smile:

arranm I think they are both great, each individual in its own way. I would say that it depends on what you need the coat for.

If you want a dressy coat for going out, I would say number two as it is more structured and elegant.

The first choice is cut more like a trench/mac coat and thus has a tendency to be more suited for the everyday.

hope that helps! I hope I did not get too stylist on you :smile: (comes with the day job! hehhe)

all the best and do let us know which one you get in the end
xx
Marian.

thankyou so much for your opinions
sometimes when you see two things you like, opting for one is so hard!

the coat would be for everyday wear and needs to be smart but not too formal,most of my wardrobes base colours are black and navy too

i think i will order them both, see how they look etc and then decide to return one (if i can make myself)

x

Uhm...ok :lol: I seriously doubt that :wink: It never happens in the ghetto here strangely, mostly downtown when the neo nazis are having their, uhm, fun :ninja:

I talked to a shop owner about it recently, and he had to only have one jacket out on display while the rest where locked in the back :shock: He's considered to stop selling them because, well, people start to assume that if you're wearing Canada Goose it's because you stole it :lol: I do think it's a pity for those who save up to buy one, but you can get equally warm coats for far less money anyway.

Wow that's kind of shocking. Last year (in Toronto) only well off people (or 14 year old girls) wear those Canada Goose Jackets but this year they're EVERYWHERE. I'm sure they're warm but for the price I'd want them to look a wee bit nicer.

Trendy Puffer Coats?

I'm looking to invest in one...as it seems to just be getting colder and colder here, and my cute little wool coats just aren't cutting it any longer! I like this one by Burberry Brit that I found @ Bloomingdales. Its not terribly trendy though - more classic, will hold up well, etc. I go from really liking it to thinking its a bit too 'blah'. Thoughts?

1097906_fpx.tif
1121329_fpx.tif

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually got the Chevron puffer from Lands End. I NEVER shop that store, but this puffer is adorable. It has a detachable faux fur hood, is fitted, mid length and in a great brown or black. Just size down, they run big.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->