Winter coats and jackets

maybe a cute skirt peaking out underneath?

or some awesome shoes - that will make any outfit more exciting :smile:

DAMMIT. I really want this coat, but I'm broke :(

FT_manteau_lainechine.png

frenchtrotters.fr

does anyone know where i can get a good mens coat
that isnt ugly for 200 or less...i dont wnt to go to topshop or h&m though

Well, I had been searching winter coat that is super warm and protects me from wind. But all I could find was some tweed coats and fur jackets,
NO THANK YOU!
I can notice that as older I am getting the more I respect good winter coat, and I could not buy coat without hood...that is just insane...
:shock::lol:

So, I found label named CANADA GOOSE.
I was super excited and trying all the coats, they were perfect.
Then I saw the price...so that was it.
Those jacket set me expectations even higher, needed to find something like that without paying 600e!

Ofcourse quality is expensive but I just don´t have that much money.
Thank god, I found something very similar with little lower price, there was only one piece left and it was little too loose, size S would have been better, anyway I LOVE IT! and that coat also looks good.

Sometimes I see people walking the street in little tiny ``winter´´ coat and she/he looks freezing. I don´t know how they do that, I could not.
:ninja:

Hi jenna-maria could you tell me what you liked about their coats?^ other than it has a hood

Canada Goose jackets and anything similar is what the gang members love to wear in the ghetto I live in. I'd be really hesitant to buy one, I don't want to look like a criminal :shock: Couldn't they have picked UGG boots as their preferred winter wear? :rofl:

lol^ There are probably gangs all in UGGS too out there XD Here they wear puffa jackets, not sure if they are from the same company. Either way since it can get so cold where I live, it's the norm to wear them. But I did see a bunch of 'neutral', more unassuming designs... Personally I want to try fur this year. It's just, it seems a hassle to maintain

^ I dont get this Fur is hard to maintain thing... All I've ever done with my real furs is wear then... hand them in a wardrobe in a suit carrier and then everyso often take them to the local dry cleaners... I only expect to get a few winters out of any coat so im not that bothered after a few winters if the coat is looking tatty... It's to be expected anyway after a few years... I generally get a max of 5 years out a coat... but I've a few if worn less I have had a bit longer... but as for my furs which i've prob had some over 5 years... no special treatment from me and they are fine...

obviously I always hang them up etc... and try not to get them wet... but nothing to fancy!

Thank you for all the info you post^ I haven't done much research to be honest, but it's just what I get from eavesdropping. I'm aware I may be too dramatic:blush: They were saying they take their coats after the winter to a fur shop that has a special storage system where the temperature and moisture levels are always monitored carefully. Is this what you mean when you say you hand them in a wardrobe?

They can stand light rain, can't they? Animals have to be out in the rain anyway... There's a bit of built-in water resistance.

No... I simply mean hang them in my wardrobe with all my other coats... Like i said im not that bothered anyway if they only last ten years tops... Id get bored anyway wearing t same coats year on year so tend to replace everything especially coats before they maybe actually need replacing... But as ive said before on this thread its just coats are one of my fashion loves always buy about 4 to 6 each year of dif varieties... I dont just mean fur

Oh I see. That's not a problem for me I think too. I should just give it a shot then :-) I'm also interested in actually working with it, (why I asked about the knit in the other thread) :P

Originally posted by The_Ida

Canada Goose jackets and anything similar is what the gang members love to wear in the ghetto I live in. I'd be really hesitant to buy one, I don't want to look like a criminal :shock: Couldn't they have picked UGG boots as their preferred winter wear? :rofl:

I really do not think if I look criminal or not...
I just wanna be warm and protected from freezing wind.
And it depends how do you wear the coat, if you wear it 50cent style (hahah) you might look criminal or criminal wannabe.
I strongly think that my colorful knitted scarf and hat with pom pom´s makes me look...just a girl in too big coat
:lol:
and it has been absolutely freezing outside and the coat has been wonderful! I think I have never had such a warm coat.
It is kinda sad to see some women walking around in skimpy fur jacket, no hat and no gloves...it makes me feel proud from my coat!
this is pure looooove.

Originally posted by gius

Hi jenna-maria could you tell me what you liked about their coats?^ other than it has a hood

I did try coat from Canada goose and liked the fit and how they have made those coats. It felt warm but the price was way too high for my budjet.
Maybe someday because those coats last years and years and years.

We also have a thread on Canada Goose which I started in Shop Til You Drop, if you want more info about the jackets there.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->