Hussein Chalayan S/S 11 Paris

hautechild

Reaction score
There’s more to inspire fashion from Japan than kimonos, obis and Harajuku girls. Hussein Chalayan dug deep into the island nation’s rich culture, from its isolationist Sakoku period — “from 1633 to 1853,” the designer pinpointed — to its poetry and theatre traditions. “It’s my take on the surrealist spirit of Japan,” said Chalayan, who showcased his collection in a 13-minute film that climaxed with visible puppeteers fluttering the handkerchief hems of a summery gown in floral chiffon. While the premise was conceptual, it yielded fetching and feminine clothes, with simple-yet-clever details on white shirts — cape-like sleeves or swishing gussets at the hem — and ultra-modern vests and jackets. Shift dresses came in a range of watery pastels, embellished with gentle draping across the bodice.

003e06f4
003e13f9

003e2644
003e3r90

wwd.com

I've been to his exhibit last week at istanbulmodern.I loved the collection from what I see here, pieces.Hussein Chalayan rocks! I'm so proud of him:woot: I want to see more.

Eeeek, it's old Hussein! I love it so far! That's what Hussein should always be ^_^ Can't wait to see the rest!

:woot::heart: Those dresses are sexy.

I really admired him for skipping the runway this time, I hope we can see the film.

Are those vests? Or dresses? I think one is a vest and the other one is a dress???

Chalayan doing Japan is one of the best ideas ever ... those shoes have frightened me to no end.

I love the clothes tho .. esp the very soft subtle infusion of colour :smile:

Wow, this looks very promising. It could be one of my favourites.

it definitely looks much closer to the masterful work of the past chalayan. very promising.

Thank you so much for the images, MagFan. :flower: Undoubtedly my favorite collection this season. :heart:

The collection's video can be viewed here. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->