Hussein Chalayan S/S 08 Paris

iyemstoopid

Reaction score
Everyone, like myself was probably wondering why there where no Hussein Chalayan pics up, as his show was scheduled for 8 pm, but it looks like Hussein decided for a different format this year, through a film collaboration with SHOWstudio.

"The fashion crowd aren't naturally receptive to a film in place of a catwalk show so Hussein and co. were rather holding their breath tonight. But the general consensus was that there was enough detail shown of the 30 or so looks filmed to constitute a thorough representation of the collection. Some resistance is to be anticipated, but it felt like Hussein made an important progression for fashion film tonight in the face of some Canute-like opposition to the inevitable forward march of fashion technology."

view the film here http://showstudio.com/project/readings

the last "laser" dresses are really incredible. the film is really quite to small to see the details though, so hopefully there will soon be images of the collection.

Ooh! Thanks for the tip and the link!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not too into the western theme, but I like that checked shirt/shorts jumpsuit towards the end a lot. Also, I totally love the lasers! If only it was wearable...

the laser dress to me looks quite wearable actually, of course with out the lasers! and its definitely wearable compared to the past two season transformer-light show pieces.

I thought I'd try to capture a few images from the video... :flower:

2hp6lxc.jpg

aze9u1.jpg
2i1ii5c.jpg
10duxvp.jpg

5zo5cp.jpg

wrmj9e.jpg

showstudio.com

Can't wait to see the complete collection, Hussein always come up with something new.

That was incredible. Thank you for the caps SomethingElse and iyemstoopid for the link. I want to see some proper images, though! I wonder if he did a film instead of runway because he thought the laser dresses would blind the people attending the show :lol:

2elqgd5.jpg
241r1tu.jpg

iycumx.jpg
15xvi15.jpg

28aqdkk.jpg
mvkqdy.jpg

Bah - these are terrible! :doh:

showstudio.com

They're not terrible, don't worry! Thanks for taking the time to post them. The hat with sunglasses attached is quite interesting. I was just thinking about something along the same lines today.

terrible,not at all! this is fantastic. the clothes look brilliant and i love film presentations. it's not pretentious though. in fact,it gives designers a better medium to express a narrative for the work they do as opposed to a boring catwalk. besides,i think it suits his work better.

^ Oh no no no, the collection is not terrible, only my attempts to capture some of the lovely images! :blush: The collection is perfect!

It's a really beautiful collection, except for the murky prints. It is not outstanding like his last collection though, so rather disappointed.

^Bingo Scott! And who better to collaborate with than Nick knight and music by Antony Hegarty! There's a certain randomness and arbitrary feeling to the whole presentation, that I find quite intriguing and beautiful. :heart:

The sheer long skirts! :wub: ...

i love the clothes in this, as well as the medium used to present them. i think in the last two shows of his, the theatrical work overshadowed the actual clothes, but this time the clothes really shined through.

Thanks SomethingElse; I'll try adding some more, mainly I want to increase the post count in this thread, and not let it go unnoticed!

The last image is of the girls' clothes fully-lit.

chalayanss01cj3.jpg

chalayanss02yj5.jpg

chalayanss03ul9.jpg

chalayanss04vz1.jpg

chalayanss05eu7.jpg

chalayanss06qx2.jpg

showstudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member