i-D 'Great Britons' Special Edition by Gabriel Moses and Slawn

callmejaeden

Reaction score
'Great Britons' 'Brother's Keeper' October 2024 special edition guest edited by Gabriel Moses⁣ and Slawn.
Edit: the issue actually seems to be called the 'Brother's Keeper' special edition
i-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_03_bbf33f.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_01_62e325.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_02_903ed1.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_05_7ca7d9.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_06_b4393f.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_04_f50bbc.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_08.jpgi-D_Oct24_GMxSLAWN_COV_DIGI_07_3fd6b8.jpg
i-d.co

nice for whoever's on the covers of this KAWS July 2008 issue knockoff but I'm boycotting this one

^same, it was the coolest magazine of the 00s despite their thing for T*rry Richardson, even a back issue from 2008 would have better covers (and certainly better editorials) than this and that's without considering anything else

This magazine makes me feel old, because I was so happy to buy it in the 90s, and even then, there was a sense that you'd missed out on something exciting because you hadn't been there for the 80s issues.

What I miss most about ye olden days of magazines was having a 'varied diet' of different titles - you could leave the shop with a copy of French Photo, Vogue Italia, Mademoiselle and Raygun.

This magazine makes me feel old, because I was so happy to buy it in the 90s, and even then, there was a sense that you'd missed out on something exciting because you hadn't been there for the 80s issues.

Quoting myself, because it was driving me mad that there was an i-D related book out in the 90s about magazine design, but I couldn't remember its name - Catching The Moment by Terry Jones - and you can see some of the contents here: https://bookernest.com/items/659f5a9df55a3002e550261f

I used to go into the bookstore and flick through it, but somehow never bought it.

I think Terry has released lots of books about the magazine and his work, but that's the one I really remember.

Somehow I knew when I read the title “Great Britons” that there would be no white people featured.

^I'll go one up and point out - 0 Asians of any kind either. And this is a UK-based publication.

Loses a star for mowalola inclusion - is she still caping for her perverted boyfriend

Love Alex Wek's cover. Her pose and facial expression are great. She's got the cool girl look. Also, the color palette is so beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sereen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->