Grooming: Francelle Daly
Photography assistance: Nick Brinley and Maru Teppei
Digital technician: Nick Ong
Styling assistance: Sydney Rose Thomas and Madeleine Jones
Grooming assistance: Ryo Yamazaki
Production: Gracey Connelly and Dyonne Wasserman

Kendrick wears all clothing Prada.

i-d.vice.com

Frank Ocean by Frank Ocean! :sick: Taking insufferable to a new level. I hope there will be more covers because nothing appeals to me so far.

exclusive: "it came to me in a dream" – frank ocean creates a visual essay and pens personal letter

Photography: Frank Ocean
Styling: Rita Zebdi
Creative Direction: Thomas Mastorakos
Barber: Randy Celestine
Hair: Ted Gibson
Colourist: Jess Brown
Make-up: Holly Silius
Casting: Shay Nielsen
Management: Mark Gillespie and Dan Gieckel
Production: Meagan Judkins and Ilona Klaver
Production coordinator: Abigail West
Retouching: Venice Post and Kyle Pero

i-d.vice.com

and then god created tommy

Photography: Mario Sorrenti
Fashion Director: Alastair McKimm
Hair: Bob Recine
Make-up: Francelle
Nail technician: Alicia Torello
Photography assistance: Javier Villegas and Kotaro Kawashima
Lighting technician: Lars Beaulieu
Styling assistance: Desiree Adedje, Sydney Rose Thomas and Madeleine Jones
Hair assistance: Kabuto Okuzawa
Make-up assistance: Ryo Yamazaki
Production: Katie Fash and Steve Sutton
Casting director: Samuel Scheinman

i-d.vice.com

how sza became the definitive sound of 2017

SZA by Hanna Moon

i-d.vice.com

i-D's finished. I genuinely cannot remember the last memorable cover the magazine produced (or the last issue I was even motivated to purchase). What went wrong? This magazine used to be so visually-stimulating, producing some wonderful and iconic covers.

Is this crap still selling? All this youth oriented content is beginning to look very dated and try hard, pretentious as well. It's so formulaic that it can easily be recreated by basically anybody. This is not fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ pretentious sums it up pretty well. It's a given that seasonal and underground fashion magazines have a certain air of self-importance and indie cred, but i-D really doesn't produce the kind of content or images anymore that warrant such delusions of importance. Happy for Frank Ocean though.

Frank Ocean is a good photographer in his "dreams"....

What a monstrous ego he is. He's just looked at Wolfgang Tillmans work in Arena Homme+ over the past year and tried to emulate.

His magazine was weak and copycat. You'd think i-D would've wised up.

Frank Ocean is a good photographer in his "dreams"....

What a monstrous ego he is. He's just looked at Wolfgang Tillmans work in Arena Homme+ over the past year and tried to emulate.

I'd expect nothing less than him ripping off someone else, but Tillmans?? God, talk about biting off more than you can chew. The edit is as awful as the cover.

Just had a look, the last issue I got was the 2 of the anniversary issues in 2015 (Freja & Rianne). I bought more issues of Dazed than ID, and I think while these two are on the same level, Dazed is more ageless and less politically correct. Everything ID is not. Like Vogue28, I too miss the unique and iconic fashion imagery we used to see on ID's covers. The type of stuff one could marvel at for years. Now everything is b&w, they're just about knee deep in streetstyle, hip hop, while aligning themselves with big brands such as Calvin Klein and Vogue. Tacky!

given the current state of fashion photography, with either Collier/Wier or Testino/Sorrent on speed dial, I would only agree to a cover providing I’m my own photographer, thank you very much :lol:.. besides, his story is an example of what we’re dealing with these days, it’s not really better or worse than what gets published daily, let’s not forget yesterday’s lookbook.nu users, former reality stars, 2007 DJs, Patrick’s son.. they’re all photographers now (“writers”/“art directors” when more experimental, simply “creative” when mostly unemployed).. everyone’s a photographer. So yeah I can handle Frank, he has enough credentials to have some selfies published as a story.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crinklechiffon
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->