i-D Spring 2022 : The 'Out of Body' Issue

I love Paloma, but no this is really not good. I guess we’re gonna be seeing this Miu Miu collection ad nauseam. Sigh.

Nice! Not what I expected to see at all. Love the way they changed her body - her heavy shoulders and lack of neck

Looks like a Covid Rip Van Winkle - she was working from home, but fell asleep for two years, and she's just waking up, to find the moths have nearly eaten away her clothes.

Time to wash your hair, get some glorious new clothes, and get on with living.

Cover #2 with Cruz Beckham by Steven Klein:

Cover #2 with Cruz Beckham by Steven Klein:

Suddenly I'm taking back everything I said and declaring the Paloma cover a masterpiece, comparatively.

Also, whoever thought it was ok to put a 16 year old in just underwear with their hand on their crotch front and center on the cover of a magazine intended for adults is out of their mind.

Love how they treat the bunch of kids the Beckhams had like they were royalty.. they’re not even charming or good-looking.. or even career-driven, just.. there, with their bland, nondescript faces. And I bet the little girl’s rise as a ‘model’ will be even more obnoxious and pointless than Lila Moss’.

First cover is pure misery.. but if it’s supposed to inspire me for something then yes, tape it on my fridge and watch me get inspired enough to correct some of my worst habits.

i-D’s demise has been one tragic circus to watch..

Also, whoever thought it was ok to put a 16 year old in just underwear with their hand on their crotch front and center on the cover of a magazine intended for adults is out of their mind.
I’m getting a weird feeling recently that we’re gonna start seeing pedo fashion….

Take a look at the Central Saint Martins graduate show this season…it’s beyond perverse…and multiple looks with the models in kink or fetish wear or various states of nudity carrying infantile stuffed animals.

Not good.

So she has no nipple?..weirdly retouched....

Yesterday was Cruz bday so he is 17...

Looks like a Covid Rip Van Winkle - she was working from home, but fell asleep for two years, and she's just waking up, to find the moths have nearly eaten away her clothes.

Time to wash your hair, get some glorious new clothes, and get on with living.

This masterpiece of a post makes the cover worth existing.

Yesterday was Cruz bday so he is 17...

The fact remains the photo was taken when he was 16. I hope I'm not just being a prude or something, I know the age of consent in the UK is 16, not 18 like it is in the US, but he's still a minor. I feel strongly that the industry, regardless of technicalities and legalities, should be pushing more ethical standards. Putting an arguably sexualized photo of someone who is a minor, a child on the cover of the "body" issue of your magazine alongside sexualized photos of adult models wearing schoolgirl inspired outfits is definitely crossing a line. Where are his parents? Don't they have enough sense and resources to be focusing on giving their kids an education or something instead of thrusting them onto the unwilling public in such a gross way? I'm disgusted but unfortunately not surprised.

Hideous retouching. This child's abs look painted on.

First cover is pure misery.. but if it’s supposed to inspire me for something then yes, tape it on my fridge and watch me get inspired enough to correct some of my worst habits.

i-D’s demise has been one tragic circus to watch..
lol, sick and tired of this toxic body positivity (and just seeing this Paloma "model" that looks nothing like a model), but in comparison to to the second cover it's indeed a masterpiece. I feel disturbed seeing a picture of a teen in his underwear:doh:

i-D Spring 2022

PALOMA ELSESSER: "I'M NOT WEARING A STRETCHY DRESS. I'M WEARING MIU MIU"
Photography:
Sam Rock
Styling: Carlos Nazario
Hair: Cyndia Harvey
Make-up: Thomas de Kluyver
Models: Paloma Elsesser

i-d.vice.com

P.S. I really love this new Miu Miu collection, however there's a good ole Latin phrase which says: "Quod licet Iovi, non licet bovi."

I’m so ready to read these ridiculous comments of people complaining about a fat naked woman.

Suzanne and Sam and Paloma would’ve been stellar but unfortunately this team doesn’t have the eye and the taste of Suzanne.

Oh you’re absolutely right! Toxic body shaming is so much better :rolleyes:
I agree that body shaming is no good (and I would never make comment on anybody's looks in real life if it's not a compliment btw), but I feel over the last few years the world has gone mad, and things have gone extreme in the opposite direction, where body positivity is no longer about being comfortable in your own skin, but rather a promotion of obesity and justification of poor life decisions. People don't want to hear criticism, people don't wanna hear the truth (and here I include not only looks), people want to lower standards, don't want t be held accountable. For me models have always been more superior in the looks department, and seeing someone fit and beautiful never made me feel bad, it made me feel inspired and want to be better, now we are proud to show our fat rolls. The level of creativity, talent and beauty has dropped dramatically, and now all we do is get attention by manipulating people's lazy minds, trying to be relatable and inclusive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->