Imitation Of Christ S/S 2004 - New York

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:55 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:55 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Scott@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:50 am

They rework thrift shop and vintage finds and stamp a thousand dollar or more price tag to it. That's not what I call innovative or fun....its arrogant.
people liek margiela and otehr smalld esigners do that to

i doutn find it arrogant , the IOC desigenr has vouiced her conserns about massive production of cloth [/b][/quote]
Its not so much the actual clothes I find arrogant. In fact they can beautiful. But its the attitude attached I find a bit arrogant. I clearly remember Tara Subkoff mention the reason they decided to price it so high is because they want to keep it exclusive,almost limited to a certain few.

Originally posted by Scott+Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:28 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:28 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Spacemiu@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:55 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Scott
@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 8:50 am

They rework thrift shop and vintage finds and stamp a thousand dollar or more price tag to it. That's not what I call innovative or fun....its arrogant.

people liek margiela and otehr smalld esigners do that to

i doutn find it arrogant , the IOC desigenr has vouiced her conserns about massive production of cloth
Its not so much the actual clothes I find arrogant. In fact they can beautiful. But its the attitude attached I find a bit arrogant. I clearly remember Tara Subkoff mention the reason they decided to price it so high is because they want to keep it exclusive,almost limited to a certain few. [/b][/quote]
yes, i understand, btu then again I guess you could say all fashion is arogant :wacko: , becuas I geuss msot fashion is about exclusivety

It is but I don't necessarily believe the majority of them really set out to do so. Its really just about the media making people believe its exclusive. Most designers I hear of say their work is really for anyone who appreciates it and loves it.

Originally posted by Spacemiu@Sep 15th, 2003 - 6:50 pm
I guess im the only person who lieks it here :blush:

Definetly my one of my favorites so far! :heart: :heart: :heart:

I lvoe it i love odl hollywood, i love odl dresses, its very magical :heart:
no actually you're not. i love it. i guess i can see why everyone else doesn't.

being concerned about mass fabric production is a good thing and there will always be those who hate bringing back past apparel and those who love it. I stand in the crowd of those who love it. :heart: :blush:

I just wish they would start letting the clothes do the talking for them more often and perhaps they will gain an even bigger fanbase and appreciation. Its just that their(or her now) attitudes sometimes turns people off.

Originally posted by Scott@Jan 3rd, 2004 - 12:10 pm
I just wish they would start letting the clothes do the talking for them more often and perhaps they will gain an even bigger fanbase and appreciation. Its just that their(or her now) attitudes sometimes turns people off.
I agree, Scott. Their conceptualization of their clothes really is a turnoff at times. But then when you see the stuff upclose you can really see how much thought and detail goes into the things they do.

As for this collection, I didn't think it was as cohesive or coherent as some of their past collections. The clothes stand apart as individual--albeit strong and well-designed--pieces, but I wish there was a way for them to mesh together.

I like their work and a way of showing, each season different and full of life

I think their clothes are beautiful - I love old Hollywood glamour style as well, but I'm with chickonspeed and Scott here. They just seem very pretentious and a bit as though they're taking themselves a little too seriously.

I think if you like their work one should just focus on that aspect instead of them. Therefore,you might enjoy it a bit more. Just that price tag still kind of astonishes me-even for the amount of work that goes into it.

As far as the second half your comment,I agree. I don't if it has anything to do with the departure of Matt or what,but here lately,the collections do seem that way.

I totaly udnerstand what youa re saying scott*, I do think teh attitude is pretensious, btu nto nesicarily arrogant, but IOC is doing a lwoer priced lien now, i dount liek it eitehr when desigenrs talk so much about how there clotehs are makeing such a big statment, I agree I would rather have the clothes speak for themselves.

I think what it is about the pricing like I was saying about Project Alabama,there really isn't much of an equal emphasis on the other details-the 'real' qualities-like cutting,seamwork,tailoring,dressmaking-they are only re-working old secondhand finds which you probably won't see too much of. The handwork and the attention to volume I will give them though. Still,is it really worth a downpayment on a Land Rover? :lol:

Originally posted by Scott+Jan 2nd, 2004 - 10:50 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Scott @ Jan 2nd, 2004 - 10:50 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Atelier@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:28 am
The only thing I like about IMOC is the name. I don't find the clothes innovative, cute or fun.

An irrelevant reason is that I can't stand Chloë Sevigny and I can't think of one without thinking of the other.
It's soooooo PRETENTIOUS!

They rework thrift shop and vintage finds and stamp a thousand dollar or more price tag to it. That's not what I call innovative or fun....its arrogant. [/b][/quote]
I totally agree with said statements. So Tara is a drama queen who has a famous friend... I've never seen her do anything original.

Anyways... reworking vintage clothing, don't we call that DIY? If you ask me, the people who actually buy her overpriced sh*t are the real idiots. She's probably laughing all the way to the bank.

I personally love reworked vintage fabrics and such, but Russel Sage does a MUCH better job. He came to my school to chat to us, he's also a lovely person, very handsome.

IMOC doesn't deserve the hype they get, everything looks very dull to me.

Originally posted by contessacolette@Sep 15th, 2003 - 10:14 am
...at least that girl is wearing a pair of Louboutins
just what i was going to say...i love those heels! :blush:

Originally posted by Tartanbeatle+Jan 4th, 2004 - 8:33 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Tartanbeatle @ Jan 4th, 2004 - 8:33 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Scott@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 10:50 am
<!--QuoteBegin-Atelier
@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:28 am
The only thing I like about IMOC is the name. I don't find the clothes innovative, cute or fun.

An irrelevant reason is that I can't stand Chloë Sevigny and I can't think of one without thinking of the other.

It's soooooo PRETENTIOUS!

I totally agree with said statements. So Tara is a drama queen who has a famous friend... I've never seen her do anything original.

Anyways... reworking vintage clothing, don't we call that DIY? If you ask me, the people who actually buy her overpriced sh*t are the real idiots. She's probably laughing all the way to the bank.

I personally love reworked vintage fabrics and such, but Russel Sage does a MUCH better job. He came to my school to chat to us, he's also a lovely person, very handsome.

IMOC doesn't deserve the hype they get, everything looks very dull to me. [/b][/quote]
Agreed. And you know what,Russel may do so the re-working,but that man has a greater depth and understanding of actual construction and design too. Same for designers like Jessica Ogden and Susan Cianciolo. And none have such a hefty price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"