In Search of Magazine Covers & Editorials

Many years ago, I stumbled across a website where I could view and download any editorial from any fashion magazine.
It wasn't an file-sharing website where people just uploaded images and PDFs; that website was a database only for fashion magazine editorials, which means that I wasn't reading whole magazines with all their advertisements, but only the editorials.
Does anyone know the name of this website? I somehow forgot the name of this website entirely, and I've tried Googling 'fashion magazine editorial database' but couldn't find this website.
I need to read some fashion magazine back issues from 2009 and 2010 that have no digital copies, and my mother has banned me from purchasing second-hand magazines, so I need a way to read the editorials in those back issues online.

I remember using it all well and it was amazing but I totally forgot the name as well.
It's true no ads and pure high quality editorials from Vogue.

Hello everyone,

I cannot remember where I found these images, and a reverse image search won't yield any significant result.

Could anyone please tell me if these photographs are part of a book or a magazine?

Is it possible to know who is the photographer behind these photographs?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

Beauté.jpg

Hello everyone,

I cannot remember where I found these images, and a reverse image search won't yield any significant result.

Could anyone please tell me if these photographs are part of a book or a magazine?

Is it possible to know who is the photographer behind these photographs?

Thank you so much for your time and help.

View attachment 1234146

Surely a preview of some book. I recognise Lindbergh, Roversi and Knight's works. Backstage might be Fairer, perhaps? Can't determine a common theme between the pictures, so unfortunately I can't be of more help but I can say that it definitely isn't dedicated to any single photographer or designer.

Maybe it’s dedicated to Odile Gilbert, the hair stylist?
Thanks for your answer.

Yes, I remember having downloaded the image because it was Odile's work. I honestly thought that the photographs were all taken by the same photographer!

Surely a preview of some book. I recognise Lindbergh, Roversi and Knight's works. Backstage might be Fairer, perhaps? Can't determine a common theme between the pictures, so unfortunately I can't be of more help but I can say that it definitely isn't dedicated to any single photographer or designer.
Thank you anyway for your answer. : )

I remember using it all well and it was amazing but I totally forgot the name as well.
It's true no ads and pure high quality editorials from Vogue.

Excuse me, but could someone help us find this website? Or at least tell us the site's name or URL? I need to read some old fashion magazine issues ASAP for a project of mine and even though they're only available in print form my mother has banned me from purchasing second-hand print mags. Help!

Many years ago I used to read and download editorials from any fashion magazine legally at myfdb.com. As an aspiring fashion designer, it was an invaluable resource, so I am shattered that the website seems to have gone down. These days, when I enter the URL myfdb.com into a browser I instead open a page about what appears to be a mobile game in a foreign language that I can't read.
What happened? Why did myfdb.com go down when so many people loved that website, including many in the fashion industry? And can it be restored?

I need to read these three magazine issues ASAP for a project of mine:
  • Elle UK May 2010
  • InStyle UK May 2010
  • Glamour UK September 2009
Unfortunately, the only way that I can read them is to purchase second-hand print copies, which I refuse to do due to having purchased other second-hand goods online that turned out to be damaged, and also because I have barely any money and already have to buy two very expensive books for this project.

Also, I've searched everywhere that I can find digital issues of fashion magazines online and I cannot find scans or other digital copies of any of these issues anywhere.

I'd love someone to find me scans of all three of these issues. That way, I wouldn't be bringing any more potentially damaged goods into my house. Also, I don't want to download these scans, so I would prefer that they were uploaded to archive.org.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Hey, can anybody think of any interesting profiles on artists/designers/anyone in the form of an editorial? A bit like W's best performances but maybe with a bit more info on the people.

I know these run in basically any magazine but I can't think of any editorial series and it's pretty difficult to search for that.

Perhaps someone is sitting with a magazine in their hand right now and can point me to one that could be interesting. Doesn't have to be Vogue or one of the bigger magazines.

Thanks!

Does anyone know where one might be able to find old digital editions of Vogue Germany? I'm looking for some issues from 2018 to 2019... but I can't find any full editions. In some threads all the photos are gone. I'm pretty good at finding this stuff... Vogue Germany is elusive.

Does anyone know where one might be able to find old digital editions of Vogue Germany? I'm looking for some issues from 2018 to 2019... but I can't find any full editions. In some threads all the photos are gone. I'm pretty good at finding this stuff... Vogue Germany is elusive.
I have some digital editions, which one are you looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rakuskoangel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->