In Search of Magazine Covers & Editorials

Three sleeved jackets and other unconventional garments

As you all know, Rei Kawakubo always sends radical collections out on the runway. Questioning conventions and dishing up the unexpected, she designs clothes that often deviate from what's considered normal. Completely deconstructed, uneven hems, jackets with three sleeves or with only one, sweaters with an extra neck hole, pieces turned inside out etc. Clothing doesn't necessarily need to be so obvious. Offering different ways to wear, it's up to the wearer's own creativity how to.

Together with other Japanese designers such as Yohji Yamamoto and Issey Miyake she redefined the concept of fashion. Shapeless, gender neutral, versatile didn't fit the traditional Western ideas of what fashion entailed: fitted to the body's contours and gender specific.

But now, as for my question, does anyone perhaps have any pictures/editorial shoots of these for Japanese designers characteristic unconventional garments, like the three sleeved jacket from CDG or the garment with multiple holes by (i guess) Issey Miyake? I've been trying to look for it over the internet, and though I am positive it should be out there somewhere, I can't find it, so I hope anyone can help me. I hope this is the right place to ask by the way.

Thanks a lot!

Originally I posted it as a new thread, but it's been merged.

It looks a bit weird now though, having this long introduction :P

As you all know, Rei Kawakubo always sends radical collections out on the runway. Questioning conventions and dishing up the unexpected, she designs clothes that often deviate from what's considered normal. Completely deconstructed, uneven hems, jackets with three sleeves or with only one, sweaters with an extra neck hole, pieces turned inside out etc. Clothing doesn't necessarily need to be so obvious. Offering different ways to wear, it's up to the wearer's own creativity how to.

Together with other Japanese designers such as Yohji Yamamoto and Issey Miyake she redefined the concept of fashion. Shapeless, gender neutral, versatile didn't fit the traditional Western ideas of what fashion entailed: fitted to the body's contours and gender specific.

But now, as for my question, does anyone perhaps have any pictures/editorial shoots of these for Japanese designers characteristic unconventional garments, like the three sleeved jacket from CDG or the garment with multiple holes by (i guess) Issey Miyake? I've been trying to look for it over the internet, and though I am positive it should be out there somewhere, I can't find it, so I hope anyone can help me. I hope this is the right place to ask by the way.

Thanks a lot!

the new issue of interview with cate blanchett on the cover has an entire editorial and story about cdg. i don't have a scanner, but i posted previews in this thread http://www.thefashionspot.com/forum...ber-january-08-09-cate-blanchett-73877-2.html. you can probably find a copy of interview on most newstands. it's pretty cheap in the states.

Hey, i was looking by editorials with all black looks, all white looks and black and white ones, I found some great ones looking at he thread, but I was hoping you could help me find some more, I.D, Dazed or Vogue Paris preferably.

credit:flickr
this comes from vogue paris april 08, somehow i couldnt find the HQs of sasha's ed
would appreciate any help. thanks so much!! :smile::smile:

Simplement Couture
Vogue Paris April 2008
Sasha Pivovarova
Photographed by Hedi Slimane
Styled by Emmanuelle Alt

scanned by Diorette

The editorial is called Morning Hollow :flower:

marina9.jpg

marina10.jpg

photobucket

Magazine: Vogue Italia
Issue: March 1999
Title: Floating
Photographer: Steven Meisel
Models: Malgosia Bela & Maggie Rizer

I would like to see scans or larger pictures/untagged, maybe also the cover if possible.
I have only seen some from art+commerce.

I'm looking for the Buffalo editorial from Vogue Paris 2001. I've just found two clippings but cannot find the rest of it back ...
It was shot by Demarchelier if my memory is good. Karolina K. and Omahyra are part of the editorials + one young boy + one man ....

that would be very lovely if someone could scan it for me (yours or HQs - but for this one I'm really looking for scans ... i'm planning on print it after)
thanks in advance
:flower::flower:

^Are you shure it's by Demarchelier? Because I was still working for Hearst bakc then.

^no i'm not sure ....
here is the inspiration for this editorial

niwde.blogspot.com

it's from aug 2001,ph by Jean-Baptiste Mondino,right?...

i only 4 pics of omahyra..but they're low quality..:doh:

^ah Mondino not Demarchelier ...... that was the other frenchie, then ... :doh:
:flower:
thanks kasper .... too bad for low quality ... it's not emergency ... i'm sure someone would help me .... :rolleyes:

EDIT : here are 2 pictures in Mondino's thread :
http://www.thefashionspot.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2869342&postcount=32
and my previous request to it ....... :doh::lol:
does somebody has the Buffalo editorial with Karolina K. and Omahyra. it was published in vogue paris in 2001 or somewhere like this ...
and i think mine is in a box. and i would like to scan it ....

please. thanks. a lot !

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking for these two pics of Liya from US Vogue February 2005(The links are dead)
I'd also like to know who else was in this edit?I know Caroline Trentini( :D) but who else?

Originally from BwGreyscale

Anybody has this Eugenia Volodina editorial from Vogue Italia April 2002 ?

yangabin

Anybody has more of this ed from Vogue Italia October 2004?

hfgl

Looking for these two pics of Liya from US Vogue February 2005(The links are dead)
I'd also like to know who else was in this edit?I know Caroline Trentini( :D) but who else?

Originally from BwGreyscale

I did not find the pictures :( But I know there was also Raquel, Hana and Doutzen. :flower:

Please help :smile: I'm looking for a V magazine cover that's pink and has the word LOVE on it. I don't remember who's on the cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->