Interview November 2018 : Robert Pattison by Ryan McGinley

I think Interview Magazine is best when it doesn't try to be a fashion magazine. Some of their interviews are genuinely great and they often feature interesting, overlooked or on-the-rise people. I'm interested in see the "new" Interview. I used to *love* this magazine when I was a teen.

This reminds me of Interview Russia on its way to its demise

Why can't they just closed it for good. Have some dignity and respect to the Interview name.

He makes about as much sense for magazine covers as his Dior campaigns. But fashion will always reward mediocrity, so here we have him. Maybe this will awoke some sense of arousal or nostalgia in ageing Twi-hards. Indeed I'm getting heavy 'Tiger Beat' vibes looking at this cover.

A bit of a disservice to Willem Dafoe though.

It was uncool to like him and Kristen Stewart when they were in Twilight, now it seems like the hipster thing to respect them as artists since they do indie projects/'serious' films -- when neither one of them can act worth a damn.
I thought he was brilliant in Good Time and The Lost City of Z.

To each their own -- I don't even remember his part in the latter, and have no desire to see the first film you mentioned.

Robert Pattison still a thing?

well yes he's been in some of the most critically acclaimed films of recent years, including High Life that is going to come out in the US in the upcoming months, which i suppose is the reason why he's on the cover.

Could we just resurrect The Face and leave all this cringe worthy, bad caricature of "the 90s" aesthetic behind? Please? The overrated actor isn't the worst about this cover.

Absolutely! It's silly that people aren't taking him more seriously as an actor and say he can't act when they haven't even seen his best film performances. And I find something about him so attractive in a dirty, hipster way. But I still can't stand the new Interview, not after everything that happened.

What´s up with that douche pinky ring and necklaces? otherwise, I like this.

The main editorial

Photography Ryan McGinley
Stylist Mel Ottenberg

interviewmagazine.com

I rolled my eyes so hard now I saw the back of my brain. This magazine has nothing to offer anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->