Italy Shopping

Oh, how nice and convenient too discover this thread about Milan just as I was about to start one myself.

The reason is that I’m planning to take my next semester at Universitá Bocconi in Milan, where I’m planning to stay from August till December/January.

Therefore I really appreciate all the info you have provided, Chicca!:flower:

Not to hijack this thread and take it too far off-topic, but I will really appreciate it, if you (or someone else) have any advice on finding a place to live in the city. For example if there are certain “bad neighborhoods” I should try to avoid?

I will also be really grateful if you have any info about how much I should expect to pay for a room or a small apartment and perhaps even can give me some advice on where to look for housing?

You are of course more than welcome to PM me, if you have any information.

I am visiting Milan next month as well. Anyone here knows when the sale will begin and end?

sec said:
I am visiting Milan next month as well. Anyone here knows when the sale will begin and end?

I`ll go next week :P

Last year Sale was in the last week of June & the first week of July. Last time I went the second week of Sale and all the beautieful Gucci (Sale) Shoes in my size were already gone! :cry: That`s why I go earlier this year.

I have no particular shopping recommendation - it`s all fabulous!

Just 3 essentials you must carry when shopping in Milan: Creditcard, Flip Flops (in your bag in case your feet kill you after walking for hours on High Heels) and an umbrella (showers come up fast & unexpected).

Does anyone have the Shop Addresses of Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs and Chloe? Where can I buy Galliano in Milan?

Where is the Helmut Lang Store on Via Della Spiga? (I actually walked by last year :o )

Heroin_Chic said:
I`ll go next week :P

Last year Sale was in the last week of June & the first week of July. Last time I went the second week of Sale and all the beautieful Gucci (Sale) Shoes in my size were already gone! :cry: That`s why I go earlier this year.

I have no particular shopping recommendation - it`s all fabulous!

Just 3 essentials you must carry when shopping in Milan: Creditcard, Flip Flops (in your bag in case your feet kill you after walking for hours on High Heels) and an umbrella (showers come up fast & unexpected).

Does anyone have the Shop Addresses of Balenciaga, Marc Jacobs and Chloe? Where can I buy Galliano in Milan?

Where is the Helmut Lang Store on Via Della Spiga? (I actually walked by last year :o )

wow, yea I'm going for the sale too
sounds like I need to go there earlier too

I'd like to know Balenciaga, Chloe & Moschino too!

oh and btw....is it easy to travel from Milan to Rome?
any easy public transportation? bus? train?

thanks

Train from Rome to Milan takes about 4.5 hours if I remember correctly, and it's not too expensive either. http://www.trenitalia.it/en/index.html

Helmut Lang is pretty close to Corso Venezia; if your walking up Cso Venezia from San Babila you'll have via della Spiga on your left, then you'll find H.L. on the left side of della Spiga. It's not that hard to miss 'cause it's a very narrow store front.

As far as good/bad areas to live in, I'd say there aren't that many really bad areas in the central city. It's pretty horrible around the central station and Loreto (especially north of it) though. Expect to pay from around 500 €/month for a tiny, tiny apt in the city; it's cheaper in the suburbs but I think you'd prefer to live in the city... Housing in Milan isn't that cheap, it's an expensive city in general.

Last edited by a moderator:
How far is Milan from Florence? I am leaving to Florence in 10 days and will be staying for 4 weeks. I would love to take a weekend trip to Milan.
Also, does anyone know of any good shops/ boutiques etc. in Florence?

tott said:
As far as good/bad areas to live in, I'd say there aren't that many really bad areas in the central city. It's pretty horrible around the central station and Loreto (especially north of it) though. Expect to pay from around 500 €/month for a tiny, tiny apt in the city; it's cheaper in the suburbs but I think you'd prefer to live in the city... Housing in Milan isn't that cheap, it's an expensive city in general.
Thank you, tott! :flower: Your advice is much appreciated as I’m a bit concerned about being tricked into something as my Italian is very limited at best.:unsure:

You don’t happen to know about any good places to search for accommodation?

to florence to milan are about 320km, i'm from milan but i were with school in florence and it was really really beautiful, also i hear that are a lot of botiques, roberto cavalli has all there, the atelier, the offices and botique! u know, italy is a good place for spend money :D:D:D:D

macchiom said:
You don’t happen to know about any good places to search for accommodation? [/font]

You could try http://www.easymilano.it/eng/about.htm

Magazine for expats in English, you can download it in PDF format. There are usually some apts and rooms for rent in there.

Once you're in Milan you can pick it up at some locations around the city.

Of course, you can very easily find something through an agency, but then you'd have to pay a hefty fee. It seems a bit unnecessary if you'll just spend a few months in Milan.

Thanks again, Tott. EaysMilano seems like a good place to start the search for an apartment. Especially because it’s in English as opposed to the other websites I’ve found with rooms and apartments in Milan.

tott said:
You could try http://www.easymilano.it/eng/about.htm

Magazine for expats in English, you can download it in PDF format. There are usually some apts and rooms for rent in there.

Once you're in Milan you can pick it up at some locations around the city.

Of course, you can very easily find something through an agency, but then you'd have to pay a hefty fee. It seems a bit unnecessary if you'll just spend a few months in Milan.

i know this thread is getting a little old but i think i may be able to help because i've been planning a trip to milan as well, and i've come across some great websites that help.
although a little dated the harper's bazaar webpage sorts shopping out into districts and only picks the cream of the crop. http://www.harpersbazaar.com
the most beneficial site i've come across may be the via montenapoleone store directory. http://www.viamontenapoleone.org this includes a list of all the stores (more or less) in the golden quadrangle and many pics of store fronts etc.
a simple search on google comes up with many, many answers to your queries, as well. one thing's for sure: i have yet to come across a guide that does not mention 10 corso como.
the v&r boutique looks really cool! hope you enjoy yourself...and don't go dizzy!
good luck and bon voyage!

Italy Shopping Area for Lifestyle Sportwear and Street Fashion

Hi Everyone! :flower:

This is my 1st time posting new thread. Don't know if it is correct to post in this section of forum.

I am currently working for a Sports Label, and will be going to Italy for meeting. I don't wish to waste my trip there, so I would like to stay 1 day more after my meeting to shop around, look at stores which is relevent to Streetfashion and Lifestyle Sportswear. I will be going to Torino, and intend to dropby for 1 day either at Milan or Rome. But I am not sure of which is better. And I don't know where is good for my market research, like which place or street in Milan and Rome has the things/Shops with Streetfashion and Lifestyle Sportswear.

Pls help... any suggestions? :unsure:

In Milan you could start at the southwest corner of Piazza del Duomo: follow Via Torino, then Corso di Porta Ticinese.

tott said:
In Milan you could start at the southwest corner of Piazza del Duomo: follow Via Torino, then Corso di Porta Ticinese.
I can only 2nd this suggestion. You might however also find some shops of interest on Corso Vittorio Emanuele II and the area just east of the Duomo. But I guess that’s mainly the major international chain stores, which are located there…

Oh my God!!! Firenze!!!! I am missing that city so much!!! Last I was there, some vintage stores were I found were somewhere around the mercato (San Lorenzo). But things are constantly changing in that city - unless it's Gucci, or those long standing shops and restaurants, businesses have a pretty high turnover rate. Oh, have you heard of 14 Once? They carry more casualwear brands like Diesel, Replay, Miss Sixty...the likes...they have a few retail stores around the city center, but the real bargains are in the outlet. I'll have to look for the business card stashed somewhere, so I'll get back to you on that. You can also find good deals in Cascine (?) - nearby Porto Prato - not really bigtime designers, but really great finds - this is normally on just on Tuesdays though -.... hmmm, There's a couple of Italians that I've seen around the Game Threads one in particular from Florence, I suggest you look around there and PM them personally if you don't get any responses earlier. Okay, I'll look for that card and post back later.

I posted that last year and have to say that the cheesy bus tour of the outlets was fantastic. It stopped at Prada, then the Mall (with Gucci, Ralph Lauren, Bottega Veneta etc and my personal favourite, Marni) Also Dolce &Gabbana.
I also bought lots of nice bags from the San Lorenzo market . . . .

excellent! did you think the deals/selection was really good? if it's a small savings, I'll just shop in town. if it is MASSIVE I'll consider going to the outlets...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kittyofsecrets
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->