J.W. Anderson S/S 2015 London

marcBarna

Reaction score
2uiupnb.png
332bal2.png

Screencap from londonfashionweek.com

There are actually some really GREAT peieces and looks here! Never thought I would say that about an Anderson collection.

it comes as a surprise, and applause for him not showing his favorite slippers while everyone else did.

YSL Fall 2010? Sorry but I can hardly not make the association.

At least it looks like people might actually be able to wear the clothes for once...

^^

Ditto to the YSL F/W 2010 association. That being said, I absolutely love this. Feels like he is taking a slightly newer and more accessible direction.

This looks nothing like YSL F/W 10.:blink: Maybe the hats, but that's it.

I've been warming up to JW, especially now that his Loewe is so strong. There's a lot of good ideas and pieces here but there are also a lot of duds. Not his best, possibly his worst. Looks like being split between two collections is taking it's toll.

I think the hats resembling that infamous YSL collection is enough for any person with a little fashion history knowledge to be instantly thrown off by this. That said, I really like some of the pieces - I believe they will sell like hot cakes since he is a very hyped designer right now, but this show needs a lot of editing.

He is very talented, his collection is risk taker.I like his effort to experiment each collection and some is really weird. But he's not definitely afraid to play outside the line.

It looks like he has "put some water in his wine" as we say in France to produce a more accessible/wearable collection. But he gives us hints the roots of its aesthetic are still here and I appreciate it.
That being said once again the shoes does not match the silhouettes.

What!!!!!!!!

What planet are we on ???? JWA has as much talent as a bad episode of project runway..... there is nothing in this collection that we have not seen before, just done very badly and styled into a hot mess, how can this be the future of fashion????????????:cry:

An okay collection. I like some of the pieces and the story behind it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
westernsoc
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->