Tom Ford S/S 2015 London

This collection is a joke. This man is a joke. Always has been, always will be.

While I don't love everything in this show, I think it absolutely is fair to blame the cast, here. These clothes are meant for women...and look infinitely better on women. These gangly teenagers are ruining everything.

These clothes aren't meant for women, they're meant for streetwalkers... from like the 1970s...

So, no, the "teenagers ruined the collection" argument actually doesn't work in this case.

Most of those dresses would be popular at a p*rn star convention.
Aside from a couple of looks, it's pretty much a disaster. The down hill slope continues for Tom I'm afraid.

Any way you spin it, the clothes themselves are horrendous. Sure, they would look less offensive on someone like Rihanna, but how many Rihannas are out there? They're going to look tacky on any customer regardless of whether or not she has the body and sex appeal of a woman or a teen.

Surprisingly it's fine to me, compared with previous one. There are great pieces than tacky one and I hate those gowns very much but i'm sure I'd see celebrity wearing it and gone to worst dress list.

People who keep comparing this to Hedi Slimane's SLP seriously has got to watch Tom Ford's old shows for Gucci and YSL. The make up, hair and styling are so similar from his shows from 10-14 years ago, that it feels a littled aged and passe'. I do agree though that some of the clothes would have looked better if he used his old crop of models like Isabeli, Daria, Natalia, Ai, Ujjwala, Julia S, Adina, Liya, Michelle Alves, Caroline Ribeiro etc. I see nice pieces but the presentation as a whole was a mess.

He hasn't changed. Still making clothes as ugly as sin. No vision, no aesthetics, no taste.

I think I like the shoes but couldn't find any shots of them and even the video doesn't show them. Any shoe pics?

Tom Ford made the mistake of not designing womenswear for six years and therefore lost touch with reality. It's like he thinks he can revive his glory days but it simply isn't working. Women live in 2014 where there is a completely different minimalist approach to fashion and a single soul can't change that. He doesn't even have his powerful friends to push the Tom Ford aesthetic again so I don't see the point in doing this to be completely honest.

i'm actually shocked by how bad this is...
it's no secret that i think tom ford is a huge copycat who really doesn't like women, but at least he used to make reasonably attractive slutwear...

how in hell does a whole team of professional, experienced people agree that this crap is acceptable in any way?!

:huh:...

and- excuse me..
but what is with the pants that tom is wearing?
possibly the most unflattering thing known to man...
:ninja:...

Every element of a show has to come together in order for it to work and put forth the designers ideas properly. Tom Ford has always been about sex appeal and a very in your face sensibility and it takes a certain sort of woman - model or otherwise to pull off that look.

I think the casting here just wasn't on target - some of the girls look terrified, others look lost or the outfit is wearing them rather than the other way around. Granted, good design is good design no matter who wears it, but something has to be said about personality and the ability to carry off a look. I agree with dior_couture1245 imagining Beyonce or Rihanna in one of these outfits is a completely different vibe.

Personally, I don't see anything streetwalker or prostitute about these looks and if so what exactly is so terrible about the world's oldest profession that it can't have an impact on the runways? There is a brazen and somewhat crass undercurrent running through this collection, but no more so than some of Ford's other work. If your average woman can't be a little crass, a little brazen or a lot sexual every now and then things are boring. I love me some minimal, classy, ultra-luxury but there is a time and a place for breaking out the sheer tops and the mini-skirts.

No one is getting laid while wearing Dior or Jil Sander...

Last edited by a moderator:
While I don't think this is a particularly strong collection, I honestly am going to place the blame mostly on the casting, here.

This generation of models simply DO NOT know how to wear clothing on the runway. The old generation of models circa Ford for Gucci/YSL could make the simplest garment to the most over-the-top garment look incredible. These current models do nothing for designer clothing. It's awful.

And I also have to say - if you've ever been able to see Tom Ford's collections in person, especially in his own stores - I'm always amazed at how stunning everything is - honestly, it all looks infinitely better than it does on the runway. Truly, truly gorgeous clothing. Stunning materials, perfect construction and finishing, and absolutely luxurious cuts and proportions. He really does make clothing that makes a woman look phenomenal - and that's something that very few designers do these days. We've got plenty of designers making women look like art projects, but few that make women look like WOMEN.

You... have a point. Especially when you look at a similar collection he did for Gucci -- sold very well by those models >>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__mT9vAPX_4

floral pleated skirts coming out of each leg of a high waisted pair of black shorts

reductive. ^_^

you know what? sometimes it's the woman who "gets the action." ...not the clothes. this is something Tom Ford has always missed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blondblondblond
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->