Jacob Bird

shanhuq

Reaction score
With Tomorrow Is Another Day, noticed he didn't have a thread so decided to make one! He did Raf Simons this past FW and J.W. Anderson back in 2011.

vogue.it

bite-zine

FEATURED | JACOB BIRD PART I

Hailing from London, Jacob Bird is a model student in every sense of the word. Currently an undergraduate in Cambridge University reading music, the eloquent 19 year old was signed to Düsseldorf based agency, Tomorrow is Another Day in early August of this year. BITE gets up close with the fresh new face in a 3-part interview with portraits by Daniyel Lowden.

The classic question for a newcomer: how were you scouted? I was scouted in New York this summer. I was at the opening of a new Sephora shop on Broadway, waiting for Amanda Lepore to perform, and a guy came up to me and asked if I’d ever considered modelling before. I’d left my old agency when I started uni, but TIAD sounded really interesting, and they were more than happy to work around me studying, so I wanted to get involved.

What are some shows you’ve done in your first season (S/S 13) with TIAD? I did London Fashion Week when I was working with JW Anderson in A/W 11 with my former agency. The show itself was great fun, but it was amazing to see the whole creative process. I was in the studio with Jonathan for the three days before the show and seeing how he worked and how the collection came together was awesome.

So F/W 13 will be your first season with TIAD I’m assuming? Yes, the upcoming fashion week in january will be my first with TIAD.

Any memorable experiences you’d like to share? Definitely meeting Alber Elbaz at a casting for Paris Fashion Week. I’ve always loved Lanvin, and the brand and Alber are such French icons. I was really star-struck.

As travelling makes up a large part of your modelling experience, what are some cities you’d love to visit? I’m such a city boy - anywhere that’s cosmopolitan and artsy is perfect. New York has to be my favourite city so far, but I’d absolutely love to visit Tokyo. The youth culture and the fashion are so creative and diverse, and yet the city is still steeped in Japanese traditions and history. It sounds like the perfect mix.

Are you currently doing anything else besides modelling? At the moment I’ve just started my second year of uni, reading Music at Cambridge, so during term time I’m pretty tied up with work. Around work I try to do the odd bit of journalism for the fashion section of Varsity, the student run independent Cambridge newspaper, and helping out with the shoots. It’s great being around such creative and driven people, and the shoots often come out brilliantly, especially considering there’s a new one each week and it’s all done alongside their degrees.
bite-zine

John Lawrence Sullivan Fall Winter 2013 Paris

nymag

Name|Jacob Mallinson Bird
Age|20
Hometown|South Kensington, England

How did you get discovered?
I was scouted in New York city on the streets of Broadway
What were you doing prior to modeling?
I am at university at the moment, studying music at Cambridge
People would be surprised to know that I...
am a secret drag queen by the name of Dina H Luxe
What's your latest obsession?
The FW2013 collections: Raf Simons to Valentino, they are to die for!
Your most prize possession?
My piano—I hate being away from it!
Growing up, who did you look up to as your hero?
I don't really have a hero but I guess I loved Peter Pan when I was little
When is the last time you said, "I Love You" to someone?
My best friend, Tom, who's moving back to Finland from London
Three adjectives that best describes you:
Loyal, fun and odd
Describe your personal style:
Anything that is sleek and chic. Everyone looks great wearing black but I like to be a bit extrovert as well!
Your favorite place you have travel to:
New York-my trip there was amazing and I cannot wait to go back!
Your favorite film and scene from the film:
Party Monster and Les Amours Imaginaires—Scene: I don't want to give away the film so you should go rent it!
Your favorite sport:
I used to be a ballet dancer so if you class that as a sport. Mikhail Baryshnikov is my favorite ballet dancer
If there's a destination or item you would recommend us to check out or visit about your native country/city or town, what would you recommend?
South Kensington, England—London nightclubs are some of the best in the world!
Your favorite song/artist:
Anything by Charlotte Gainsbourg
Best moment in modeling:
Walking for Raf Simons this season. I always loved Raf's work and to have the opportunity to meet him and be a part of his creative process was amazing and a reward in itself!
Your wish for 2013?
To get good grades in university!

johntancasting.blogspot

AnotherMan shot by Paulina Otylie Surys
(he's the one on the floor)
streeters.com

johntancasting.blogspot

Billy Reid S/S 2014 New York

fashionising.com via marcbarna

A model prepares backstage at the Robert Geller fashion show during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week Spring 2014 at Pier 59 on September 7, 2013 in New York City. (September 6, 2013 - Source: Charles Norfleet/Getty Images North America)
Robert+Geller+Backstage+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+q0xZ1wJEkspl.jpg

Robert+Geller+Backstage+Mercedes+Benz+Fashion+e1Vgj5G_vR-l.jpg

Walter Van Beirendonck F/W 14.15 Paris

style.com via marcbarna

Julius F/W 14.15 Paris (C)

Dg7IPeg.jpg
4DQqIhP.jpg

nowfashion.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads