Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

JFK1962.png

blogspot.com

Does any one know what the best photography books on Jackie's life are, or what are some of your Favorites or personal recommendations?

I found this forum because I was googling Jackie fashion. One of my searches led me here.

Although I have several fashion icons that inspire me, Jackie is the one I try to emulate the most. I think her style is so inspiring because she wore every woman clothes (well, at least in her later years) but she showed how to make those clothes regal and elegant.

^ That is so very true, and i think even while in the White House era, she still did wear practical things, and not only the stunning couture. Being practical, but still looking good, and classy at all times, is her DNA, even in the 70s & 80s the woman looked modern. Unlike many other icons like Grace Kelly.etc Jackie had taste all the way, what a woman!

^ That's right- The Holy Trinity: Jackie, Grace and Audrey, Patron Saints of beautiful women the world over!! ^_^

Harper's Bazaar US January 2011

"The Untold Jackie O"

via Flashbang youkioske

Thanks for uploading that article. It's interesting that her fashion later in her life because so laidback and almost monochromatic. Of course, she's always been known for being streamlined, but it was, for lack of better way of putting it, rather ornate.

I'm so glad Jackie's finally getting the attention she has long deserved for her editing career. Being I am HUGE Jackie fan, I have read and continue to try to find (and buy), the titles that she edited. I have not been disappointed yet. Her books reflect her interests: art, photography, fashion as well as a diversity of authors on a wide range of subjects. (Yes, I am so getting both books coming out about her editing career.)

And OMG!!!! Jackie edited my most prized coffee table book!! I got My Book of Flowers several years ago because I adore Princess Grace (yes, I have too many favorite style icons). Usually Jackie's books have her name listed somewhere if she edited them, but this one doesn't. Knowing that she edited it just makes me love it that much more.

Back to fashion....I think Jackie perfected the working woman's wardrobe for her editing career. For those of us who will never live the White House fantasy, she revealed how to be practical but still stylish.

I am now reading the book mentioned in the article, "Reading Jackie". I have read every book on her and I have to say this one is really great. Lots of info I never read before which usually is not the case in books about her. A totally new perspective, even if you have read everything on Jackie.

Found this one, no doubt it's a re-post but I think it's cute.

jackie_marks_camera.jpg

svenskamobler.com

sun-room-1962-jbk.jpg

jackie_kennedy_caroline.jpg

lxixixl.com

U1515272.jpg

corbis.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members