Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

I am just not a Katie Holmes fan, I wish they would have gotten someone else.

yea i think her acting is horrible but she looks similar to jackie .. im looking forward to seeing rachel weisz's portrayal

her style was so chic :wub:

apparently its still a debatable topic, whether the pink chanel suit she wore on the day her husband got shot was an actual chanel suit or whipped up by a NY dress maker..

^ that should be interesting cause I don't see any similarity with Rachel but with Katie in some pictures I can see it but Jackie I feel like had a very distinct voice that all portrayals miss completely. I remember the clip of her thank the American people for their support when Pres. JFK died and the way she spoke was like nothing else to me. So elegant and almost British sounding but not really. It was just lovely to hear.

^ Same here. I'm not too fond of Katie Holmes, and I can't wait to see Rachel as Jackie.

i wonder how she's going to pull off jackie's voice and demeanor
spl202932_001.jpg
spl202932_002.jpg
spl203172_002.jpg

dlisted

^ rachel weisz

I agree with you marjanthelion - i really want to see if she can pull it off..
better her than katie though..

and the pink suit in the pics u posted - the same i one posted about earlier on? it was debated whether it was in fact an authentic chanel suit or a new york tailors copy? yes?

^ There always was a question about that, wasn't there...strange- I can't see a Kennedy (and a First Lady) buying knock offs... :unsure:

^ There always was a question about that, wasn't there...strange- I can't see a Kennedy (and a First Lady) buying knock offs... :unsure:

Neither - but you never know. Some seamstresses are so good - they couldve come in handy.

^ Wasn't there also a long time feud between Oleg Cassini and Halston about who did Jackie's hats during the White House years? :blink:

^ the little that I read on that was that it was said that halston didnt acclaim credit..

Oleg is mentioned a lot more in terms of dressing her from top to bottom though.. and apparently his work was supported by sketches he made before the actual finished garment/hat etc..
atleast everytime ive read about what she wore - oleg has been credited :S

BUT i found this link that talks about hallston more - http://coutureallure.blogspot.com/2009/01/jacqueline-kennedy-hats.html

sigh.

^ rachel weisz

I agree with you marjanthelion - i really want to see if she can pull it off..
better her than katie though..

and the pink suit in the pics u posted - the same i one posted about earlier on? it was debated whether it was in fact an authentic chanel suit or a new york tailors copy? yes?

The dress was Chanel and had a dark blue collar. It was stored in Jackie's mother's attic inside a box with Nov. 22, 1963 written on it.

For political reasons she had to hide the fact that she preferred european designers to American. Cassini helped with this, but her sister Lee who was living in London used to assist with obtaining the French designers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->