Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis

^ You're welcome!
I love the way she talks. She's kind of interviewing Dr. Spock.

^ I have always wondered if Joe Kennedy approved of her- she certainly brought some class into the family, and she had the finest of manners and social bearing...I think she only could have helped John's career...^_^

^ I have always wondered if Joe Kennedy approved of her- she certainly brought some class into the family, and she had the finest of manners and social bearing...I think she only could have helped John's career...^_^

I've read that Joe adored her and they would sit and listen to classical music whilst everyone else played football and he recognized how important someone of her class and elegance was for the family and their image. Rose Kennedy didn't like her or Jacks sisters, they called her "the deb" for her debutante background.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Well, you could be many worse things than "The Deb"! If I recall correctly, she was considered the mythical "Number One Deb" the year she came out...Too bad they used that as a pejorative term- I myself would see that as a compliment!! :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Indeed. Her background is envious imo. Not too many people out there with the pedigree she has and the class to back it up.

tumblr_ldvkc0LHeK1qbz5rqo1_400.jpg

tumblr_ld40bq26Zv1qbz5rqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lcubedcuKt1qbz5rqo1_500.gif

tumblr_lcmucxd29C1qbz5rqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_lc8pppWxNJ1qbz5rqo1_400.jpg

Each other’s darlings. “Aboard Air Force One, Jacqueline had accidentally referred to him as “Lyndon” and quickly apologized, promising not to make the error in protocol again. ‘Honey,’ Johnson replied, ‘I hope you’ll call me that for the rest of your life.’”

tumblr_lbclpxe7I61qbz5rqo1_500.jpg

From ladyfalcon.tumblr.com

tumblr_l5c1bc4n0N1qzi1ujo1_500.jpg

I read she once tried to hide a cigarette from her mother by throwing it inthe couch and it set it on fire. Don't know if that's true but it's funny.
pic from jacquelinekennedyonassis.tumblr.com

^ Her grace during tragedy set the tone for the whole country that horrible weekend after John was killed...has a woman in the public eye ever set a better example of courage and strength? The whole country, if not the world, was in awe of her from that time on... :flower:

I think anybody who doesnt appreciate this woman is absolutely nuts!

Some highlights: Thanking the American people 1:54 , 7:50 home video with Jack, 8:55 She talks about a pouring water on Jack during their honeymoon ( the rest of the videos are really great too.)

ohh wow it is Spanish she speaks in #864! i loved hearing her in my language. She said ''things should be reachable for everyone and not be limited to just some. thank you''
ADORABLE!

I just saw a commercial on TLC for a show they are airing called 'Kennedys' Home Movies'. I believe it will be on Sunday January 30th but I can't find anything online about it. But I've seen the commercial twice now, I just keep forgetting the date!

^ Ooooooh thank you! I'm going to be on the look out for that.

I just saw a commercial on TLC for a show they are airing called 'Kennedys' Home Movies'. I believe it will be on Sunday January 30th but I can't find anything online about it. But I've seen the commercial twice now, I just keep forgetting the date!

I can't edit my last post but I just want to say that you're correct on the date. The time is 9/8c ( But no wonder you couldn't remember the date it was a black background and the time was in dark grey, I could barely see it!)

I'm glad you found the time, I can't wait. And I'm kinda glad that special with Kaie Holmes got canned, well atleast for now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->