Jacquemus S/S 2018 Paris

I've always thought he was very overrated and a shameless copycat, but this is the first collection of his I actually find decent. Love some of the details in the cleavage area and many of the longer dresses.

I've always loved Jacquemus. I think the way he has evolved as a designer is kinda exceptional.
It's intriguing to have such a summery collection (in the most obvious way) that still has a sense of fashion. It looks effortless while in the wrong hands, it could have been a disaster.
It is still flattering while being asymetric. I love it.

It's a very french collection, very sensual and at the same time approachable. Gorgeous cast, perfect shoes and styling.

The rear view is also interesting. Bravo Simon!
PFW start pretty well. This is one of my favorite collection already.

Gorgeous and sexy,nice silhouettes, desirable accessories. What more do you want from a collection?

Did he get tired of trying to be avant-garde? This collection looks like La Perla resort!

beautiful but try getting in a cab with these hats...

I hate the 80's resurgence of the last few seasons, but this is such a fresh, modern take. I love it!

I think it's a major improvement from his first collections, which were awful and a blogger nest, which of course brings the most odious type of hype.. I can't stomach French clichés either and the guy dives into those like no tomorrow, add to that the obligatory Bardot vibe as inspired by his remaining blogger followers and.. sighs. This still carries a lot of that, which makes it mildly insufferable but you can see more confidence and less desperation to be taken seriously or as some conceptual type. Also throw Memphis inspiration into anything and you get an instant upgrade; safest and admittedly most appealing part of the show. So there's light at the end of the tunnel, which doesn't mean we've left the tunnel. :meow:

I am warming up to him and his work. I am late to following his work, but some of it is good. Certainly there could be some tightening up in certain places in terms of execution, but I like the idea behind it. His work makes me think of Jean-Paul Goude for some reason.

I think it's a big let down for him. His previous collection was so much nicer; the best he has ever done for me. It was for once well crafted/tailored and put together.

This looks so messy/sloppy. The draping skills of his atelier are really poor. The bags and earrings are cool indeed and a few looks save this mess. Still, I appreciate his naive approach of fashion which still feels fresh in a industry where most of the designers are bored/boring with the same pattern when it comes to creation ( "let's spend a million renting pieces at Anouschkaaaaaa").

And I am French and don't have a clue of what people mean when they write "it looks super French". What's French about that ? :huh:

I think it's a big let down for him. His previous collection was so much nicer; the best he has ever done for me. It was for once well crafted/tailored and put together.

This looks so messy/sloppy. The draping skills of his atelier are really poor. The bags and earrings are cool indeed and a few looks save this mess. Still, I appreciate his naive approach of fashion which still feels fresh in a industry where most of the designers are bored/boring with the same pattern when it comes to creation ( "let's spend a million renting pieces at Anouschkaaaaaa").

And I am French and don't have a clue of what people mean when they write "it looks super French". What's French about that ? :huh:

I don't know i think it has a provençal feel to it. It's maybe the naive and almost beachy feel of the whole thing.

For me this is french...I mean, outside of Paris and the obsession on "La Parisienne".

But yes, his previous collection was better...It had some echoes of Lacroix.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's so beautiful to see how he has come into his own and found his voice. Fantastic collection, once again. Following him on Instagram really gives you an incredible insight of his mind and his passions, and you can see them all in his collections. I love when I see the designer's DNA in his clothes. This is so effortless, sensual and enticing. This is that kind of woman who is fabulous without trying anything, she just is. She's everyone's dream lover. She's mysterious, she's intriguing, she's fascinating.

Ah, I love when collections make me imagine these things. Bravo Simon!

Very Lanvin:heart:

This I can agree with, and if those Lanvin suits werent so bloody-minded they'd snatch him up. His accessible French obsession could do wonders for that house.

Actually very basic and pedestrian imo, but of course easily wearable. I'd expect something like this from Michael Kors.
:flower::lol::lol:

Did he get tired of trying to be avant-garde? This collection looks like La Perla resort!
I prefer him avant-garde.
Anyway, i like Simon Jacquemus, we have a nice "beach" collection, maybe next season it will be a hit as a beach wear for holidays on french Riviera but i am not sure if somebody will still remember about this collection.
Simply to see and to forget. It is no bad because it is easy but it is easy forgettable.

This I can agree with, and if those Lanvin suits werent so bloody-minded they'd snatch him up. His accessible French obsession could do wonders for that house.

Very Lanvin but better to remember Jacquemus SS 18 that remember that Simon did very Lanvin for next season.
I woudl like to see him in Lanvin, it could be better for him and for them...

So chic and effortless. It reminds me of Alber’s earliest collections at Lanvin.

Said the exact same thing in the Lanvin thread. They need to ditch Oliver L and get Simon in there. He understands that effortless French-style and he's very much a big, up-and-coming designer.

He still has a ways to go regarding craftmanship, but this is easily the sexiest collection I've seen this season. Gorgeous, warm color palette, I love how the draping curves around the body... very beautiful look. It still surprised me how far he's grown, I remember abhorring his first gimmicky-as-all-hell efforts. Glad to see some things are still improving in fashion.

I have to be honest, after his first few shows I really didn't care to pay any attention to him, but then stumbling across his spring collection last year and his fall collection following it I've grown to appreciate what he's evolved into.

I really like his sort of deliberately naive, almost childlike (while not looking childish or strictly for children, thank god) take on what the world perceives as "French" style. It's fun to see the way in which he plays with those tropes because the result almost makes me think of what an outsider's view of French fashion and style is, sort of the same way that some of Marc Jacobs' work for Vuitton felt when he deliberately referenced similar things. Obviously he's not an outsider, but it has that sort of idealized/awestruck point of view that someone foreign would bring to those traditions, cliches and signatures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yujiaolong666
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->