Jacquemus S/S 2023 Paris

He really is a horrendous designer.
Honestly, most of his crimes come from his menswear. I will say that while he's a mediocre designer, he's a top-tier showman. I just watched the livestream on Instagram and I was shaking with excitement, despite cringing at the lookbook on Vogue Runway.

I see McQueen, Schiaparelli, Valentino, Dior, Bottega, everything. Did he wait until all the houses showed their offering before coming out with his own?

I see McQueen, Schiaparelli, Valentino, Dior, Bottega, everything. Did he wait until all the houses showed their offering before coming out with his own?
That explains the see-now, buy-now model he's been doing since last year, then...

"Le cliché".

Somehow this looks like his Spring 2017 but with worse execution.
So many badly constructed garments. Dressmaking and tailoring are abominations. The menswear is tragic.
He tried to be experimental with the feathers but failed miserably because he can barely master the basics.

I need him to put 80% of the budget that he used into shows/marketing to establish a proper atelier. Because the more successful the brand the worse its clothes have become.
A good show is only smoke and mirror, the moment these clothes hit the store their weakness will be on full display.
But more seasonal disposable clothes for the IG crowd, I guess.

His construction and execution is some of the worst in the business for such a large brand. It's very Sophomore year in college, procrastinated for the project and can't figure out how it should be constructed so i just did a stitch here and there, hope it doesn't fall apart when you present to the class.

Also, even when he tries something new and "experimental", it feels rushed and half baked. For shame, because I do think he has potential but he's probably more into his personal fame being validated at the moment.

His construction and execution is some of the worst in the business for such a large brand. It's very Sophomore year in college, procrastinated for the project and can't figure out how it should be constructed so i just did a stitch here and there, hope it doesn't fall apart when you present to the class.

Also, even when he tries something new and "experimental", it feels rushed and half baked. For shame, because I do think he has potential but he's probably more into his personal fame being validated at the moment.

What would be the point of improving his construction/execution/innovation of design, when the success of his brand is entirely based on cult of personality??? And unfortunately, his brand of shallow/hollow American mean girl persona is what the 15yo girls/gayz raised on SM finds worthy of inspiration. The 10th-rate fastfashion slop is secondary to his glamorous life of travel/celeb BFFs/material flexing. Any criticisms of his lack of talent/poor quality will be clapped back by him/his stans with haters jealous of his wealth/fame. It’s a generation of the shallowest/hollowest children where only fame/fortune matters, and he’s that mascot. You know, every time I look at his “collections”, I have to remind myself that this is not a fastfashion American brand, but a French label; Everything about his brand, from the sloppy, random designs ripped off of other greater version, to the JC Penney circa1993 of his menswear, to the mall/outlet x travel agency-sponsored presentations, to the “diverse” casting, screams of generic American midrange department-store brand/branding. This is far far far from a brand that needs to establish a reputation for quality construction and design integrity.

(LOL @the black train trailing, gathering all that nasty hay to remind you of toilette paper stuck on someone’s underwear, coming out of an outhouse. I’m sure to him/his stans, this brand of mess is sexy/fierce/fire…)

Whyyyyyy why just why, why not add an inch or two of fabric so that it fits and her boobs don't look strangled, is it that expensive? who thought this was a whatever thing you can overlook? it is important for women! I hate fashion these days.. it's created, handled and executed by the most unfashionable, tasteless, non-discriminatory/yes-to-everything people I would never in a million years ask for fashion advice.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blissfullychelle
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->