Jean Paul Gaultier Is About To Take His Final Bow

This is one of the better pieces of fashion-friendly news I've read in quite some time. Her women's collections always offer way more Yes's than No's, so I'd love to see what she can do here. And July 2020 will be here before I know it (it's already March!)

I'd also love to see Tisci try his hand at a JPG couture collection. He's already done couture (and beautiful couture, at that) before with a well-established house, so why not again?

Didn't he use spare textiles from prior collections for his last HC show? I bet that's part of the assignment.

But I agree with dontbeadrag...Chitose? Really? She seems only capable of sewing dresses onto bomber jackets...

That’s an oversimplification of Chitose Abe’s talent. I’m looking forward to this collaboration.

Besides, a designer too close to Gaultier’s aesthetic or generation would just be redundant. I’m especially glad he’s picking a younger, non-Western designer.

What other designers would you love to see doing couture at Jean-Paul Gaultier?

Designers such as Commission, Grace Wales Bonner, Kei Ninomiya, Simone Rocha, Yuhan Wang, Ma Ke, Vaqar, Anrealage, Shayne Oliver, Tokyo James, Charles Jeffrey. Too many, really!
Wow! Great choices all of them! Let's hope some of them will!

SadBitterCrow-size_restricted.gif

All I ask for is more voguing please

Designers such as Commission, Grace Wales Bonner, Kei Ninomiya, Simone Rocha, Yuhan Wang, Ma Ke, Vaqar, Anrealage, Shayne Oliver, Tokyo James, Charles Jeffrey. Too many, really!

I would literally die for Gaultier Haute Couture by Wales Bonner or Kei Ninomiya. Marine Serre would also be a wonderful collaborator... honestly, there are so many good possibilities for this! It's truly exciting.

Jean Paul Gaultier by Martin Margiela.

Just thinking about that (impossible) collaboration makes me feeling hotter.

Jean Paul Gaultier by Martin Margiela.

Just thinking about that (impossible) collaboration makes me feeling hotter.
It does not sound impossible. I’ve heard many times around Paris that they are still close and sometimes spending time together. As only a few people actually remembers what he looks like today, there was a conspiracy of him being at the last Couture show...

It would be the ultimate dream! Out of Gaultier most famous alumni (with Ghesquiere and Vauthier), Margiela is really the one that has the most connection. Both did Hermès, both did Couture, both had the Arte Povera approach to fashion and both were very disruptive.
Martin has shown signs of interest in fashion lately...At least, his legacy from the two exhibitions to the documentary in production. A Couture collection with his mentor would be in line with that!

I’d love to see Phoebe, Haider and Tom Ford for Gaultier HC. There are clear glimpses of Jean Paul’s influences throughout Haider and Tom’s collections.

I just hope he is insightful and retrained to stay clear of the shiny new hyped ones and even more hyped representation that will be gone and forgotten once their hype and puddle-deep talent is quickly spent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->