Jean Paul Gaultier for Target

let's hope it's better than the utterly depressing rodarte collection :(

i think target reaches a much more 'commercial' audience -- h+m really is limited to the major cities and i'd say a large amount of their stuff still largely appeals to those who are 'following' fashion and that it still is a bit 'highbrow street fashion.' target is straight up mass-market without being 'trashy' and gives a chance to get your name out to people who otherwise might be unaware. i doubt the average american cosmo-reading suburban woman had heard of alice temperley and rogan until they saw the names in target -- and perhaps some of them kept their interest.

also, outside of major cities it's difficult to find designer pieces at all -- for the fashion-obsessed teenage girls in wisconsin, they don't have access to gautier OR h+m -- but they do have target. i think designers like the accessibility + audience it provides.

I think choosing Target was a good choice as well.

Not everyone has an H&M to go to.

Not everyone has a Target to go to. I believe it's US only..

I don't have an H&M near me (boo!), but I do have Target. The clothes don't appeal to me for some reason, but I might check this out.

Last edited by a moderator:
...but sill you had the H&M's when CdG,V&R and the like did their lines and really H&M collaborations are far more accessible in europe than they are in america. and some of us can't travel to NY,LA or Chicago so easily as some may live thousands of miles/km away.

i wonder if this will be the collection following rodarte....

or whether liberty of london will come out in march.

i wish we had some target moles here!

carolina herrera revealed yesterday that she wants to work with target. B)

Last edited by a moderator:
new interview with JPG from nymag!:woot:

JPG said his new Target collection will still "shock parents, shock teachers," as is his way. "What I am doing [for Target] is still Gaultier, very Jean Paul Gaultier, it's in my style. But it's different — clothes for more people and less expensive and more affordable, but still modern. It's nice. It's an element of surprise they want, so that's good," Gaultier said last night at the opening of artist Nicolas Pol's "Martus Maw" exhibit, curated by Vladimir Restoin Roitfeld. Gaultier is primarily in town to work in the Target offices, but wants to get around town and enjoy himself, too.

^ you can easily use a mail forwarding service. we have some threads on TFS in regards to this:flower:

ugh....it better have some larger sizing and good accessories!!! it really sounds promising in his explanation.

i like what i see so far. on my list to get so far is the leather jacket for 200$, the tattoo top for $27, the tattoo bikini, the striped top 20$. etc.

seems like this is a "best of" for JPG. :wink: bustiers, breton stripes. nautical imagery including anchors, the tattoo print etc.

here are my images. sorry i could not get this clearer. i only had a crappy iphone camera with me.

this maybe by far the best of them all....whether GO or stand-alone.

why oh why can't there be anything for guys...boo!

i think men can pull off the nautical anchor tee or the tattoo tee.

im not sure why more people arent more excited about this.

it may be that the kiddies don't know JPG!

like i said before,i really hope the sizing will be generous because if i see something that i like i am going to get it. i also hope there will be some accessories at the very least.

i like what i see so far. on my list to get so far is the leather jacket for 200$, the tattoo top for $27, the tattoo bikini, the striped top 20$. etc.

seems like this is a "best of" for JPG. :wink: bustiers, breton stripes. nautical imagery including anchors, the tattoo print etc.

here are my images. sorry i could not get this clearer. i only had a crappy iphone camera with me.

May I ask which magazine did you photograph these shoots from? I'm interested in seeing clearer photos :flower: (the text is a little too blurry for me, being sick at the moment doesn't help the cause either : ( ...)

this is from elle magazine with jennifer lopez on the cover. there is also a one page article.

lucy92 - Thanks for the pics! The trench looks really lovely! I'll have to pick up a copy of Elle to check this out.

Since the collection will be available March 7th, I guess the lookbook will be available the 2nd week of February?

i haven't heard of any designers revealing that they've turned down target. but i have read many designers discuss turning down H&M. (christian louboutin revealed today that he said no. mcqueen has turned down both H&M and topshop) and tom binns and betsey johnson have discussed lately how they've love to work with target.
Tom Binns for Target would be simply amazing!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
effettovetro
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->