Jean Paul Gaultier Resort 2014

Prairie

Reaction score
Playing subtly on the house’s codes, Jean Paul Gaultier infused the lineup with a playful reinterpretation of glamour elements, such as slits placed on a sheath evening dress, the side leg of fluid pants or on sleeves of tailored jackets. Gaultier also used black fishnet fabrics veiling jackets and big straw hats, or on T-shirts and dresses featuring silk ribbons that offered a new take on his signature stripe sweater. A silk twill scarf fabric, reminiscent of head scarves worn by Fifties movie stars in sports cars, was used for pants, tops or pajama-style suits printed with retro flowers and men’s tie motifs. The house’s reeditions line also inspired such looks as a blue papery linen A-line jacket and matching miniskirt.

wwd

style

Last edited by a moderator:
Really gorgeous. His pre-collections these days are a bit let gimmick-free and therefor far more successful that his runway shows at this point, unfortunately. Some really fantastic pieces and looks! Incredible tailoring, effortless draping. Just great.

And those last 4 looks? That's what Raf SHOULD be doing at Dior. So easy, so stylish!

Am I the only one getting vibes from Slimane, Ghesquière and even some of Wang here?
There are some amazing and beautifuls looks here, but there are so many terrible looks and they're making me forget about the good ones

I don't understand how the person who designed this and the person who designed the fall collection are the same person. They are so different. I actually really like this collection, it has the DNA of Gaultier without being, well, horrid like the fall collection.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dima77
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->