Jean Paul Gaultier HC F/W 08.09 Paris

the bride's gown is heavenly :shock::heart: love this collection (except the shoes :ninja: )

So many dead things!

Admittedly, I love it.

That red reptile coat is 2X4

Unmistakably Gaultier.

The colors are amazing. i love the coat w/fox fur trim in post #12

This is great i can see why its not everyones cup of tea and i dont love the inspiration behind the collection but its so well done like only Jean Paul can that i can not hate.

And the coats and jackets?Mon Dieu...:wub:

I don't really get this at all. I see less Gaultier and more McQueen, Rodarte and Prada.

I like it!! I love the colours, theyre very mesmerising. And I love the graphicness of it all, everything is very exaggerated and in your face.

this sh^it is effin FREZOSH!!!

i'm fanning myself, this is so effin good.
jpg is revisiting and reinterpreting ideas of past collections and he proves he's still got it .... :wub:
it's exciting, it's got personality. :heart:

this has me really, really excited and has me really looking forward to the s/s 09 rtw. i hope his rtw will become more lively and have more spirit after this, like it was back in the day.

:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't really get this at all. I see less Gaultier and more McQueen, Rodarte and Prada.
PLEASE.....if anything, you see jpg in their work, NOT the other way around :rolleyes:
this man has been doing his thing since 1976!! and he helped shape the look of the 80s and 90s.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh this would have given so many options for the guests of the Met Costume Gala!!

The detail on the clothes are so amazing.
This collection is so inspired....

^ there's always next year, baby! :winkiss:

Yeah, if they stick to the theme of Superheroes that no one seemed to get. :wacko:

I like that instead of just using gros point lace as a repeat fabric (à la Prada), on some dresses he made it 'come to life'... like in this piece, it's as if the lace had melted on the woman's body shape.

I liked this collection. Much better than RTW and the previous Spring.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markrokusek
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->