Jefferson Hack (April 2005 - April 2010)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep, interesting article that shows a bit of his nature.. interesting..thanks!

gettyimages.com
VPL A/W 10
96688897.jpg

style.com
Diane von Furstenberg A/W 10
00210m.jpg

^Thanks very much tapenerd, I like his double breasted coat.

tmagazine.blogs.nytimes.com
Brief comment from Jefferson on the new edition of Another magazine:
“Everyone fell in love with her on the shoot,” says Jefferson Hack, the editor in chief of AnOther Magazine, who slapped Cotillard on the cover of his new spring/summer issue. “As an actress, Marion Cotillard is the consummate performer. A dream to work with — almost too good to be true.”

Last edited by a moderator:
Hes been hanging out with Daphne a lot I hope she gets a Dazed or AnOther cover.

glassmagazine.co.uk
an interview with...Jefferson Hack
Angela Hill
articlepicjefferson.jpg

Photography: Scott Schuman

And now, to continue my series of interviewing talented stylish guys with a Belgian connection, here is Jefferson Hack ....watch out next month for my Hercule Poirot interview.

Do you remember the first magazine that really affected you? How old were you then?

Mad magazine when I was 9 or 10. Fabulous Furry Freak Brothers when I was 11. National Geographic from about 12 onwards, they had an incredible holographic cover that I loved. Interview from about 15 onwards. The first issue that blew me away was the special future issue with Liv Ullmann on the cover and extracts from JG Ballard's 'Crash'.

How was it in the early days of Dazed & Confused? publishing is a real rollercoaster isn't it?; that great rush of enthusiasm, the all night sessions, the ludicrous amount of money spent, the frustration, the arguments and then you leave the bar and realize you still have a magazine to put together.

That's going to take a lot more space and time than we have right now. All I can is do a roll call of all the amazing people who started with me at Dazed and made it the most entertaining and dynamic place to be. Rankin, Phil Poynter, Katy England, Katie Grand, Alister Mackie, Tabitha Simmons, Claude Grunitzky, Mark Sanders, Charlotte Stockdale, Alexander McQueen, Kim Jones, Andre Walker, Mert & Marcus, Sam Taylor Wood, Jake and Dinos Chapman, and special mentions to Nick Knight (who technically started a decade before at i-D but was a big part of the Dazed development) and David Sims and Corrine Day (who both made their fashion entries under the art direction of Phil Bicker at The Face earlier but also came and supported Dazed) the list goes on....

I was reading through some Ritz magazines from the late 70's last night and I found this great interview - Peter Cook talking to Bubbles Rothermere - he is being so sweet and funny; asking when Bubbles' beautiful daughters come into their inheritance and she is lying on a sofa laughing - he looks super cool too, in trainers and smoking; I am sure he was still there at 3am the next morning ! I love the celebrity/celebrity interview; do you prefer interviewing by email/telephone or the awkward press hotel room, jug of water on the side, "you have 5 minutes with Mr Timberlake'"cenario ?

I interviewed Patti Smith in bed. She fell asleep during the interview, and I just kept the tape recorder going translating the silence and the electric dreams she was having. I did an underwater interview with Bjork but that didn't come out quite as well. Bono called me when he was driving in Ireland and he crashed into a roundabout, but the best interview I have ever done is when I gave Thom Yorke the tape recorder and asked him to take it home and do it himself. A week later I got a fedex envelope with the tape inside. It was 90 minutes of sheer psychoanalytical genius. Perhaps I am an anti interviewer.

I love looking through late 70's/early 80's Ritz, and Tatler too - I always go back to them - do you think there is comfort in magazines? Are there certain publications you always go back to for inspiration ? Which magazines do you buy now?

Right now I subscribe to Wired, New Yorker, Vanity Fair, Purple
New magazine's I like are: File, Mousse, Kaleidescope, Fantom, Candy
Existing Indie's I like are: Fantastic Man, 032c, Pin Up, Paradis, Fanzine 137, Fader, Acne, Interview

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foussman
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->