Jefferson Hack

purple-diary.com
JEFFERSON HACK with his typewriter at the bar of the Bowery hotel, New York. Photo Olivier Zahm
tumblrlgu29zegn71qzwof2.th.jpg

My god. What a babe. That outfit is quite amazing.

dazeddigital.com

SX70 JEFFERSON X COLETTE

Dazed co-founder Jefferson Hack collaborates with colette for a new mix compilation featuring the likes of Junip, Boys Noize & Erol Alkan
TEXT BY DAZED DIGITAL

In collaboration with Parisian superstore colette, Dazed & Confused co-founder Jefferson Hack has compiled a new mix for their CD series. Entitled SX70, the album features an eclectic variety of artists/bands/producers from Junip, Marianne Faithfull, Boys Noize & Erol Alkan, to Bauhaus or The Glimmers. And it's not only the music that impresses; the CD is artwork was created by Parisian art agency M/M, making the mix a collaborative effort combining all fields of creativity.

Dazed Digital: How did the collaboration with colette come about? What do you feel you brought to the series?
Jefferson Hack: I was doing mixtapes for friends as presents and Sarah heard that I did this and liked what I was playing so she asked me to do one for colette. I love her vibe and the shop so I felt honoured to collaborate. I wanted to make the mix tape feel really personal as if it was made for a friend or a lover. Something personal and private and commercial. I went out of my way to not use obvious songs or if they were then find original versions or ways of using them that felt personal.

DD: Why is the compilation called SX70? A reference to the iconic Polaroid camera?
Jefferson Hack: The reason it's SX70 is because its a reference to the polaroid - which captures a moment in time and becomes an archive of a mood or emotion. And it sounds sexy - I like the way it sounds best.

DD: What is it that links the variety of tracks/artists chosen? Do you feel there is a distinctive flow to them or are they there each to stand on their own?
Jefferson Hack: I made it quite mid-tempo throught so its good to listen to during the day and at night, before going out or when you come home. I would say listen to it walking to work in the morning so you face the day with a sense of adventure.. Or on long plane journeys to cheer you up and make you feel less alone in the world.

DD: Having a deep interest in music, such as through DJing yourself, have you ever wanted to produce music too or considered starting a label?
Jefferson Hack: I always felt like starting Dazed & Confused was like being in a band we just expressed ourselves in design and not in sound but its still a performance and an attitude and a search for a truth, at least the way we defined it to ourselves... Apart from that yes I always was inspired by Malcolm Mclaren...
He was a great producer and artist..

DD: Who are your favourite new acts of the moment?
Jefferson Hack: Wait for the next compilation - maybe if Sarah let's me ill do one with all new/unsigned acts that would be fun...

Attachments

• 666535.jpg
    666535.jpg
    51.5 KB · Views: 2
10.jpg

with hilary alexander, front row at the fendi show.

[selfservice]

purple-diary.com
'Another Magazine' dinner at Istancool

purple-diary.com
PETER DUNDAS, CARINE ROITFELD and JEFFERSON HACK at the Givenchy Mens S/S 2012 after party at L'Arc, Paris. Photo Stephane Feugere

The model MARIACARLA BOSCONO and JEFFERSON HACK at the Givenchy Mens S/S 2012 after party at L'Arc, Paris. Photo Stephane Feugere

JEFFERSON HACK and MARK RONSON at Jefferson's 40th birthday party, Paris. Photo Stephane Feugere

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't believe he is 40 already! He looks fantastic! Thanks, cosmo!

Dazed Group Editorial Director Jefferson Hack leaves the Moet & Chandon Etoile Awards party at Park Lane Hotel after Peruvian fashion photographer Mario Testino was given the inagural award during London Fashion Week 2011. (September 19, 2011 - Photo by PacificCoastNews.com)
Jefferson+Hack+Glamorous+Transformers+actress+07UHRGRnemql.jpg

Jefferson Hack attends at the Burberry Spring Summer 2012 Womenswear Show at Kensington Gardens on September 19, 2011 in London, England. (September 18, 2011 - Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images Europe)
Jefferson+Hack+Burberry+Spring+Summer+2012+SakR_A8lCn1l.jpg
Jefferson+Hack+Burberry+Spring+Summer+2012+RGypFYpLjTbl.jpg

Founder and editorial director of Dazed Group Jefferson Hack (L) and Elizabeth Von Guttman (R) attend the Thom Browne Spring 2012 presentation during Mercedes Benz Fashion Week at The New York Public Library on September 12, 2011 in New York City. (September 11, 2011 - Photo by Chelsea Lauren/Getty Images North America)
Jefferson+Hack+Thom+Browne+Presentation+Spring+DNjuoXP8Gapl.jpg
Jefferson+Hack+Thom+Browne+Presentation+Spring+8Oi0z815miSl.jpg

selfservicemagazine.com
Photography by Columbine Goldsmith- At Mulberry and Burberry
sslonfashionmulberry622.jpg

sslonfashionburberryhac.jpg

guardian.co.uk
Jefferson Hack and the very chic Carine Roitfeld stop and pose for a photo outside Fendi, Jo Jones

businessoffashion.tumblr.com
Jefferson Hack on the decks at Fendi afterparty

blkdenimcloseup.com

purple-diary.com
JEFFERSON HACK and OLIVIER ZAHM after the Prada S/S 2012 show, Milan. Photo Olivier Zahm

Last edited by a moderator:
I will forever love him. I wish every guy had a sense of style like he does. Thank you for the pictures, lovelies!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
misslola
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->