Jil Sander by Vukmirovic f/w 03.04 (Milano)

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by Lena, Mar 3, 2003.

View Users: View Users
  1. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Could be the best Milan V. have pulled out to date for the JilSander label.
    Here some of my absolute faves from what I could put my hands on.

And a so-so review from the web.

2. Abril

Abril New Member

the collection was great and you picked some of my favourites as well. that first coat is :eek: :wub: and i love that top in the middle picture.

click here to view the whole collection. it's worth it!! :wink:

3. foxinthesnow

foxinthesnow Member

I love M.V... I really liked Jil Sander before him and was scared of what Prada would do with the label and I don't think that there could have been a better result. This collection and the last one are just :wub:

But ehr, I could do without the tartan/plaid... :eek:

4. xopher215

xopher215 New Member

I liked a lot of it, but I can't throw myself behind this line even yet.

First, I think Milan V. is very talented though his cuts are a bit mannish, but I digress... I do not see him "developing" here. Instead it seems he goes from idea to idea, season to season. It's all a bit disconcerting except for one thing... cuts that are too linear and mannish.

Also, I wish they'd change the name of the label. Dam*it, just do it! I feel so cheated because the label itself is a lie. This is not Jil Sander and it is still and will always be, since I just cannot shake it, an insult to her and the legacy and advent of complex design creating simple looks.

She channeled the rumblings of disaffected fashion forwards and the talents to do so belonged to her and to other designers such as Helmut Lang among others. There was edge, and I can't help to take my disaffection here out on Milan, whose "edge" has become the line of his mannish cuts. :|