Jil Sander Navy

Those looks on Sigrid are wonderful! The dresses are superb, really. In particular, I'm drawn to the black/white/navy dress with matching bag. It's smart, simple and so gorgeous.

the dresses are to die for ... admit it! And I havent liked much of what Raf has done for Sander but I love this .. Im dying to see the menswear ... and depressed of the fact that I wont be able to afford it :P

I'm dying over this. I mean it's nothing major but it's so simple with amazing colors and cuts. Especially loving the color blocking.

it looks fresh, casual and sophisticated at the same time, every outfit look so well thought and well done, delicate and strong...
i love everything there :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
May 21, 2010, 3:28 pm
Jil, Diffused
By CATHY HORYN

Yesterday was a bit of a crazy day so I didn’t get a chance to talk about the new Jil Sander Navy line. There’s not much to say, really. It’s a minimalist line aiming for friendlier prices in a world saturated with them. The standout piece among those presented was the print scarf dress, and I liked the crisp look of the trench skirt and the flattering cut of the slim pants. The kelly-green trench dress was cute, too. Though I saw connections to the Jil Sander aesthetic, past and present, those design values can be found in many places—Uniqlo, Calvin Klein, Banana. Last year, I bought a Jil Sander pre-season draped-front dress in navy cotton jersey for about $590. I’ve gotten lots of mileage out it, and it’s probably less money than some of the Navy pieces. So what am I getting? We’re all making those kinds of decisions about clothes. Is a $200 pair of leggings or pants really worth it or will I trade up to something with a little more design? Will I stick with a trusty designer label and just buy less? Clearly a task before the team designing Navy—which is not Raf Simons’ team for the main Jil collections—is to create smart, useful pieces that are a skip ahead of the “lifestyle” miasma.

Barneys had a cheery lunch yesterday for Iman to celebrate her CFDA award and, of course, for being a remarkable woman. As we sat down to a long table, about 25 of us—David Bowie, Pat Cleveland, Stephen Burrows, Desiree Gruber, Julie Gilhart, Daphne Guinness, Hamish Bowles, Teri Agins—Simon Doonan, the store’s creative director, trilled, “Welcome to the lingerie department.” The display staff had tented the place for bras and knickers with sheets of crumpled white paper. A new-economy approach to decorating, with sweet peas and peonies on the table.
nytimes.com

Jil Sander Navy Heads Online

jilsandernavydouble.jpg

jilsandernavysingle.jpg

Here comes Navy—and orange and cerulean, too. Jil Sander Navy, the secondary collection from Raf Simons, previewed back in May and available now in JS stores, debuts its new Web site, JilSanderNavy.com, this afternoon. The site will spotlight the new, David Sims-shot campaign with Valerija Kelava and styled by Beat Bolliger (that’s an exclusive shot from it, left). The photos will run in spring magazine issues separately from the main Jil ads. (Those, incidentally, were shot by Willy Vanderperre, starring Daria Strokous.) A behind-the-scenes video directed by Sims will also screen on the new site. That should whet your appetite for the pieces. It’s convenient, then, that the site will be able to satisfy, too: Selections from the 200-piece collection will be available for purchase online for the very first time.
style.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nicos18
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->