Jil Sander

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
:buzz: If only this could be true, it can sure make my day, I've missed Jil Sander

Jil Sander Returns?

Fans of the mistress of minimalism, Jil Sander, will be happy to hear that she might return to the label that bears her name. WWD reports that Prada boss Patrizio Bertelli allegedly is trying to convince Ms. Sander to come back home, three years after their dramatic break up. Apparently, the reasons for the reconciliation - besides the fact that Sander's label has been seriously lackluster without her - is that Prada needs to reduce its debt by selling some of its assets:evil: . And Jil Sander with Jil Sander is definitely worth more than Jil Sander without Jil Sander. :clap:

source: WWD
by Johanna Lenander

Jil will definetly have the last laugh here :brows: :rofl:

i absolutely adore her and her label.... i have missed her too and the appeal of jil sander just isnt there since she left! :(

i hope she returns :flower:

:buzz: Jil at Jil? :magic:

Now why didn't Patrizio think of that before! :hardhead:

Originally posted by xopher215@Apr 22nd, 2003 - 5:04 am

Now why didn't Patrizio think of that before! :hardhead:
its only natural xopher, its only now that he needs to sell some shares since Prada Group is running in deep money trouble, and those JilSander shares do not cost much with Milan on the Sander drawing board. If he wants part of his money back, he needs to be sweet to our Jil. :wink:

Thats what we call 'the sweetest revenge' :evil: :innocent:

:ninja: Gil's comeback.. seems to be on the way :heart:

NY April 23, 2003 - The plot continues to thicken at the house of Jil Sander.

Three years after the designer dramatically marched out of the house she founded after feuding with its new owner, Prada boss Patrizio Bertelli, Sander may be on her way back.

According to sources close to Sander, the designer has met this year with both Bertelli and senior executives of Hugo Boss, the German men's apparel giant, which is apparently mulling a bid for the Sander label.
"Boss wanted to see whether Sander would be prepared to rejoin her house in the event that they bought the company from Prada. Jil has no intention of doing anything where she cannot use her own name. I'm sure this deal would be the best solution," a source told FWD.

Sander also apparently had a face-to-face with Bertelli in Italy, though the two failed to solve their differences. "They talked but it didn't work out," the source said.

Since she slammed the door on Bertelli and stormed out of Sander in 2000, the house's creative direction has been under the control of Milan Vukmirovic, a former buyer from trendy Paris emporium Colette. After a hesitant start, Vukmirovic has garnered increasingly positive reviews and lured a younger clientele to the label.

However, a combination of the worldwide slump in luxury spending and substantial investment in flagship stores in London and New York saw Sander's 2002 loss balloon to over $28 million, double the red ink it shed in 2001.A spokesman for Prada has insisted that, "Jil Sander is not for sale at this time."
However, the deal could make a good deal of sense.
Hugo Boss, the German apparel company owned by Italian fashion and textile group Marzotto, has long tried to build up its women's division. But their attempts with Boss Woman, which posted net losses of $26 million in 2001 and $20 million in 2002, have been far from successful. Indeed, Boss's chief executive, Bruno Salzer, recently said that he wanted to focus on the women's business and announced that he was interested in new acquisitions at the start of 2004.

By Godfrey Deeny
source: WWD

Well, a Jil Sander with Jil Sander at the helm would be a perfect acquisition then for Marzotto. Also, they should scrap Boss Women altogether since it completely diluted the strength of Boss Men marketwise to begin with, and concentrate on Jil's men's and women's lines to recoup some in general.

I hope Jil won't step into Prada and do for them what they couldn't do after usurping her label. She should wait for them to sell before she re-assumes the helm... :wacko: Wait... I don't really care actually. I just want her back. :heart:

Thanks for these articles, Lèna. :flower:

boss woman doesn't stand out i guess.
is the prada group only losing money?

:buzz: It took only a month, Jil Sander finally returns to her company and i'm sure its on her very own terms.
I'm thrilled. :heart:

NY May 20, 2003 - Jil Sander is returning to the company she founded.

Three years after the designer stormed out of her eponymous fashion house after clashing with its new owner, Prada boss Patrizio Bertelli, the two have decided to patch things up.

A press release issued from Hamburg by Jil Sander AG Tuesday announced that Sander "will sit together with Mr. Patrizio Bertelli, Prada Chief Executive Officer, and Ms. Miuccia Prada on the Strategic Committee of Prada Holding NV." Though the statement makes no mention of Sander resuming her former chief designer title, the future of Milan Vukmirovic, the former Colette buyer who has helmed the brand's creative direction since November 2000, would appear to be in jeopardy.

"I'm delighted that Jil has made this important decision," Bertelli said in the statement. "I am sure that she will find in the company the motivation and the resources necessary to enable her to express her ideas and creativity. I am also sure that the company's results will benefit from this decision while also taking into consideration the important investments made in the past few years."

In 2002, Jil Sander's net loss grew to over $28 million, more than double its $11.5 million loss in 2001. The brand posted annual revenues of 138.8 million euros last year. It has almost 20 directly owned stores and 16 franchising stores. The house's products are also distributed through a network of about 350 independent clients and 12 department stores with 38 doors.

"This decision makes me very happy," Miuccia Prada said of Sander's homecoming Tuesday. "It's natural that Ms. Sander returns to the company which she founded and which bears her name. I'm thrilled to welcome her back."

Prada assumed control of Jil Sander in 1999, and Sander walked out of the company in January 2000.

"I deeply welcome this development, which is positive for both sides," said Sander. "I'm looking forward to carrying on with my work to perfect the creative Jil Sander concept, which will guarantee a future for Jil Sander AG, the company I founded."

Attachments

• 53867.jpg
    53867.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 3
I agree with eliminating Boss Women, I don't know a single person who wears it, and it is rarely featured in the magazines.

Hi and welcome to FS fashionfan :flower:
They actually have some cool pieces at Boss Woman, its much more fresh than Boss, anyway.

Back on Jil Sander topic, just a look at Milan Vukmirovic last resort collection for the Sander label, which was presented in NY yesterday. :shock: Bad bad job... his womenswear was worst than his menswear, no wonder he lost the job.

Quoting: Vukmirovic himself checked out of the Mercer Hotel on Wednesday morning, not appearing at the afternoon's fall-winter resort showing in the house's elegant 15th floor showroom on lower Fifth Avenue above Madison Square.Before the news of Sander's return to the house broke on Tuesday, Vukmirovic had planned to go to Cannes after his stay in New York. Now the whereabouts of Milan, one of the most popular figures in the industry, are unknown.

from fwd

here a cruise/resort Milan4Sander look

Attachments

• 73716.jpg
    73716.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 8
cruise/resort Uomo :wink: bit better

Attachments

• 73720.jpg
    73720.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 7
this print is :sick: :yuk:
I work with prints so, for me Milan's choice of print falls deep in the German mass :sick: market group.
Jil could never ever produce something so tacky.

I hope Milan goes back to Colette, he's a great buyer and he should continue doing what he knows best :wink:

ok milan gotta move on. that look is awful for SANDER
an actual disgrace to Miss JIL :shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->