John Galliano S/S 10 Paris

amazing collection, beautiful accessories, beautiful looks beautiful clothes. I LOVE it!

:sick::sick::sick:this is just his overly overly overly repeated clothes hidden under pretends-to-be-new-and-creative make-up and set up.......
I'm sick of his sheer dresses, flowy skirts, those thin eyebrow with geisha lips, and those plastic strong neon retro colors in Dior....they are just carried forward collections after collections just with a change of make up and mood...and i just don't bother his homme collections..Galliano's reign is over both at Dior and his label.........

BorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrringgggggggggggggggggB)

Last edited by a moderator:
The clothes are amazing, there is so much going on but like it has been said before here; this has been done so many times.

Ghost, isn't that a Galliano avatar you have?

that was made like how many years and seasons ago when i was a young Galliano fan bashing all the anti-galliano tfsers in this forum.:cry:

Usually the videos of Galliano's collection would make up for their extreme repetitiveness. But after watching the show, it made me dislike the collection even more. Those damn bubble did nothing but take more attention from the clothes. The clothes didn't move very well, and the dresses at the end had weird proportions. The most interesting part of it was Natasha's pose at the end of the runway since everyone else just turned around (i guess it was Natasha's mistake of posing, but it was great), and the fact that Trentini was in another show this season. And Kloss did the exact same thing at the Dior show, which was trying too hard to look "fierce". This collection was a trainwreck, I don't care how cool the effects were with the bubbles. Sarah Mower is a kiss *** and says the same thing about him over and over and over again every season. Which is, talk about his inspiration more so than the actual clothes, and then all of a sudden explain shortly how relevant he is by being modern when in fact his runway presentation is just masking his repetitive designs. The soundtrack was great though.

It's sad because the FW 07 show made me think that he was back to his amazing creativity. And it's sad because this is HIS brand and HIS image, not Dior's, so no one is really telling him how he should design for HIS house.

i like the setting and the fog bubbles better than the clothes :lol:

this john galliano collection added to the latest dior collection divided by two would equal one good strong show. shown apart, there's something lacking in both. while i've come to appreciate john galliano so much given his creative absence from dior, this collection lacks the sophistication dior brought him. also, as always, absent this styling, these clothes look like mere reproductions of what he has always done.

i guess everything would look like a let down after those ice princesses last season however....

this john galliano collection added to the latest dior collection divided by two would equal one good strong show. shown apart, there's something lacking in both.
I agree with that, I think it's a question of doing too much and stretching himself too thin. But I remain hopeful that he'll blow us away with something amazing, new and solid soon :heart:

Well John has never been a fave of me, I know Im not a galliano gal, what can I say?

but this show to close the weeK?
I mean it's so messy, and full of everything, you cant see what pieces are in every outfit, it's like a mess, like a stain of paint in 4 colours...it's so messy that it gives me headache to look at

and it is so repetitive for him...that overwasted makeup with a bit of doll feeling, the weird hats, the bubbles...I mean it's a mess, Im sorry

I would prefer that Lanvin would close the week, just to remind us that beauty is still alive

I don't know if I like this or not. Some of it I really like (shoes and jackets) but mainly I feel like I have seen all of this before

Not a single piece I particularly liked.
I was way more interested in the bubbles of smoke exploding everywhere - amazing!

^Me too......strangely enough they were the pics that I saved because they really caught my attention......which says a lot for the clothes.

I wish I had the bubles in my next party!
Well i think most of us agree that this collection is not amazing,
but the music is terrible too!

But, I have keep dancing dior soundtrack this weekend.

it has been awhile since i really liked a galliano collection...this is another humdrum showing imo.

and he needs to move on from the gazette!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->