John Galliano Mens S/S 11 Paris

Very strong show as usual from Galliano. I don't love it as much as last season, but the wearbility factor seems to have risen considerably. The coats and suit jackets look really light and I like the hats and shoes as quirky but realistic accessories to the looks.

do his clothes actually sell that well ?

I don't know, but if I could afford it (cause I'm sure it's expensive) I would own a lot of pieces.

Hell the Women's Fall/Winter 2004 collection from him, I wanted the white luggage set with "Galliano" on it!

Extremely silly. Without the flashy setting this whole collection would fall apart.

Pretty bad!
Clothes look extremely cheap and plain,cool inspiration but badly executed

photography by Tommy Ton
style.com

Attachments

• galliano.jpg
    galliano.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 9
  • galliano02.jpg
    galliano02.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 10
I loved it!

Although in fairness he didn't just draw on Charlie Chaplin for the early 20th century looks, there were a few Buster Keaton-esque looks (like the straw boater hat) and maybe a bit of Death in Venice?

I love the Chaplin looks, I even allured by the gimmicks, white face, lacey boater hats and the mustache, but I'm not sure with those sixpacks parade, I wish its will remain Chaplin's quirkness and that classic gentlemen aestahtic until the very end, and that I-though-he's-a-she model is seems so random and out of place....anyone know name of the model on that Tommy Ton backstage photo?

he just makes me fall in love again and again and again

I saw some armani influence in the collection.
His work is more wearable than before seasons.

I love this collection,the cuts and the inspiration for this show,was excellent!
John always put a goo d show.. these clothes are amazing...

I always love Johns shows. While I dont always love the theme or the styling, the fact is that clothes are great and thats what matters. On this collection I love it all. And I like that he airbrush's him models, its kinda dirty sexy lol. What I like about John that he can play on the idea of feminie touches in mens clothing and it actually looks good. Example in post 3 look 14,that lace jacket is bad as hell. Others need to take note lol

Side note in post #1 look 6 it took me a minute before I realized that was a guy :lol:

His name is Andrej Pejic, I almost worked with him on a photoshoot before he went on to do the shows for major designers,,,what a bummer

The manly-woman model caught me off my guard... EEK.

I have to be frank. I have yet to like any of his collections.

I'll give him some brownie pts for the Chaplin look. Seeing I am a huge Chaplin fan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->