John Galliano S/S 2012 Paris

a couple of pretty dresses but the hair is bad and i am not a fan overall

Just change the name of the collection. Period.

John Galliano did not retire, he did not design it, and he may, one day, be back.

Name it something else.

That's what I think.

Oh, and some of these dresses are pretty, imo. A bit Valentinoesque at times...

It's not a bad collection, some of the dresses at the end were very pretty, but it shouldn't be called Galliano.

It's a shame they are still using the name for this. It should be known as "The Label formerly known as John Galliano"

I wonder what Galliano must be thinking seeing this
must be his biggest nightmare :shock:

terrible collection :sick:
bland , pale and looks like an archieve colelction taken from Galliano
gone wrong

It's so.....average. Something Galliano never was. The collection is not ugly nor tacky nor tasteless. It's just....nothing.

Why don't they just finnish this off? His brand was in the last years, even with Galliano in charge totally irrelevant.

I simply do not get this, you fire a designer and rightly so, because he created a disgusting reputation, but at the same time the company decides to continue with a brand that bears the exact name of that same designer, presumedly because they think they will profit from the connection. Hypocrite or what?

exactly

^ Seconded, and good point! It does seem hypocritical to fire JG and then use his name. Weird.

I am sad that people are attacking Bill Gaytten, as he is not the person responsible for this unfortunate situation. Imagine being told that the genious you have been working under has been "removed" from their position and you are now expected to take on the task of pumping out a couture collection and ready to wear for two major and iconic brands. Gaytten most certianly must have been crapping his pants. He was thrust into this situation and expected to succeed even when it was apparent he was not a designer but a talented seamstress who worked along Galliano (the true designer). What we have seen at Dior and Galliano's namesake brand are not terrible clothes but they obviously are horrible reminders that Galliano is not there. We mourn, we grieve, we've seen it at Gucci with Allesandra and again when she took over at Valentino, any designer taking over for a fashion god has challenges I cannot possibly comprehend. And if anyone is to blame is the corporate fashion structure who kept Galliano continually stressed and neurotic to the point of blabbering horrible comments that got videotaped, went viral, and got him fired. It is the fashion business that has obviously reigned in Galliano's creativity over the last few years more concerned with making money than making great art. Blame Toledano, blame LVMH, but let's not take jabs at Gaytten who is only trying to work in the midst of a situation that must certianly be both challenging and emotionally difficult for him. Let us just pray Galliano can return to his namesake brand and that they pick a Dior successor soon.

^ You make strong points: the root of the problem (nay, many many problems) may just be those who put profit before people, design, (and animals, and the environment, and...).

You raise the great debate: art or commerce. Which matters more?

Bill Gaytten is not the villain, just the middle man, trying to do his job. Must be tough for anyone who's stepping into another's shoes, like this, especially because they worked together.

I just wish they'd change the name of the line...

I don't like the makeup and hair, some of the dresses are good, but the whole collection isn't that good

Yeah yeah yeah, we all know that Gaytten is not Galliano and that he'll never gonna reach that level, but people need to relax. At the beginning i was thinking that Bill G. was a totally loser- how can you spend so many time with the main designer and can't translate his vision?- but, as the previous comments says, he's in a really difficult position- nothing more and nothing less that 8 shows at year without cruise and prefall, from one day to another-. I found some of the comments really mean and lacking in objectivity- change the name of the brand, seriously?-, this is more of what i was expecting, the collection is nice if you take away the Galliano name, we should blame LVMH.

For the love of GOD what is the world coming to? I can't even imagine being Galliano now. It's one thing to lose your spot at Dior, it's another to see your NAME go down in flames because the suits own it!!! Just shut the company down! Turn off the lights!

It's kind of like when Hagar replaced David Lee Roth in Van Halen. You want to love it cause it's your favorite band but... it's just not the same. Not happening. :rofl:

There were some nice pieces though. IMO.

also, I am disappointed in the hair, I feel like we've just seen the faux short bangs... no?

I am really saddened by this collection. Not a single Galliano feel was left. The drama, the artistry, the colors, the vibrance, the mood and the excitement you feel picture after picture is now gone. It`s a decent collection but it doesn`t live up to the name. John established this brand to be a Ready-to-wear couture now all is left like it was a brand for Resort or whatever.

Why is this brand being kept alive? I mean its Galliano's namesake and to keep it alive when the guy is still around just doesn't make sense.

But it does....if LVHM positively hate Galliano. Think about it....they have fired him and are now holding his name hostage besmirching it, no doubt, as they feel that he has besmirched them. This horrible, horrible collection stands as a testament to that.

It's petty. But keeping Galliano and soiling it to the point of no return does make sense from that point of view.

This kinda looks like a deadbeat and trampy version of a Valentino collection! With all due respect to Mr. Glaytten, his efforts are not at all close to what Galliano was (and still is!) In all honesty, this looks like he cut out previous Galliano dresses from magazines and jsut pasted them on the models, result: A campy and wannabe-like collection! It is beautiful in it's own way, but when you see or at least remember the creativity that once abound this great fashion house (as well as another - Dior), you can't help but cry! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->