Votes: 78 34.4%
  • Alexander McQueen

Votes: 149 65.6%
  • John Galliano

Votes: 78 34.4%
  • Alexander McQueen

Votes: 147 64.8%

• Total voters
If you'd ask this in the 90s, it would have been more difficult for me to choose.

I think it's McQueen. He makes beautiful, delicate collections. His last two collections have been the best of the season.

Galliano was great in the 90s, but since that he's done more bad in Dior and his own label(s) than good. I'm glad he's coming back from his trash-era with the new Dior collection, but still it didn't make my heart skip a beat.

I voted for John Galliano because his collections are more wearable than McQueen's IMO. But judging on beauty or taste-level Id choose McQueen.

Mcqueen for me - I much prefer looking at his work and what he comes up with each season.
I like Galliano, but his recent collections have been poor - and his trash work at Dior was awful.

Can some of us also get a button that says Both of them are stuck in a fashion rut and are no longer relevant? :ninja:

Zazie said:
Can some of us also get a button that says Both of them are stuck in a fashion rut and are no longer relevant? :ninja:

oooooooooooooooooooooooh. :lol:

Zazie said:

Neither of them are very creative anymore. But McQueen's collections are beautiful and make me dream. I :heart: them, and I don't need anything ground-breaking from him anymore. I wish he just keeps doing variations of the same style.

I think Galliano should retire soon. I'm not 100% about that opinion yet though, but if I don't fall in love with Dior next Spring, then I wish he'd go far, far away.

John Galliano is slowly losing his touch... but I still love him!

However, I would vote for mcQueen because he never ceases to amaze me!

:heart:

:cry: :cry: :cry: cry me a river:cry: :cry: :cry:

First of all, both of them are my top favourite, but I start to like Galliano before I fell in love with McQueen's work
I can not choose!!! :doh: This is has to be one of the most difficult question for my life......:blush: I cracked up when I see the title of the thread!! But the thread is excellent though!:lol:

McQueen is more classy, tasteful, soft, elegant with some traditional British Royal feeling.
Galliano is very dramatic, edgy, theatrical, luxurious, vulgar sexy or even tawdry sometines, but it is bold and daring enough to make statements, makes you feel so wow.

They are on the oppisite end in terms of style. Speaking of similarity, both of their works are too amazing, they are both creative artistic designers of the era!

Arrrg... still can't makeup my mind!!! :shock: :(

But, if you want me to choose which designer I like better physically, and warodrobe wise............ hehe >>>GALLIANO<<< :yuk: :D

Sorry, I can not vote!! :doh: :doh:

No comparison,doll. McQueen all the way. He may not be quite as radical as he was but at least McQueen's work is still genuine and pure and not just some product pushing gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
ok mcqueen is winning.........
where are all galliano fans????????? sleeping????

Scott said:
No comparison,doll. McQueen all the way. He may not be quite as radical as he was but at least McQueen's work is still genuine and pure and not just some product pushing gimmick.

:lol: You're making it sound like we're talking The Clash or Sex Pistols :wink:

mcqueen for sure
not that i dont favor galliano...but he is really starting to bore me
and his designs in general is too theatrical for me

Both are amazing designers, but I prefer McQueen. Galliano can sometimes be too outrageous for my taste, while McQueen's collections are always elegant.

Galliano was the true pioneer in this aesthetic back in the late 80's and a marvel at strange cutting. He influenced Westwood's cutting and of course little Alex. His work for Dior has just been costume and excess, unfortunately. Besides, fashion has NO Memory...

McQueen's vision is more sinister and poetic in a rough way which I prefer, so he would get my vote in the end.

Even if both are creative and theatrical, I don't believe there is something in common between them
Galliano is about provocation, trash, logo-à-gogo
McQueen is about sensibility, poetry, sometimes outragous, but always romantic or moody
May I add that the references are a little bit more cultural and slightly deeper in McQueen's inspiration (Galliano is about strongly and basically themed collections: circus, dead Marie-Antoinette, rasta-b*tch, etc, whereas the recent McQueen collections *men and women* are all about Gustav Mahler, Thomas Mann and Luchino Visconti for the whole Belle époque + Death in Venice inspiration)

I think everything Galliano has done at Dior has been a let down.

My vote is for McQueen .. by far!

McQueen....based on my own personal taste.
However, Belletrist has made a lovely statement below.:flower:

definitely McQueen
at least he's doing some wearable things and his shows always more exciting to me:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->