Mcqueen Prepares A Busy Summer

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by stylegurrl, May 3, 2004.

1. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

2. metal-on-metal

Didn't he launch eyewear back in like, 2001? I remember Sophie Dahl was in the ad campaign and I know for a fact that a friend of mine has McQueen eyeglasses. What's the deal?

3. faust

faust New Member

Poor guy - Gucci is really riding him. You know he didn't want to do the perfume, he hinted that Gucci pressured him into it to bump up sales. I'm sure the same goes for the shades...

4. asta

asta New Member

well, i expect he knew what he was doing when he sold 51% of his company to gucci... i doubt he thought he would get a free ride. he doesn't even retain 1/2 of his company anymore... gucci is the majority shareholder.... :blink: and all for a few extra stores and a quite a few million. :rolleyes:

anyways... why would he sell 50% of his company and the rights to his name????!?!?!?! ah geez. you would think that someone at central saint martins would start teaching people a little bit of business sense. :doh: even if you retain the title of creative director, giving up more than 50% of one's company is the easiest way to lose control [halston, anyone?]....

5. stylegurrl

stylegurrl New Member

well, i expect he knew what he was doing when he sold 51% of his company to gucci... i doubt he thought he would get a free ride. he doesn't even retain 1/2 of his company anymore... gucci is the majority shareholder.... :blink: and all for a few extra stores and a quite a few million. :rolleyes:

anyways... why would he sell 50% of his company and the rights to his name????!?!?!?! ah geez. you would think that someone at central saint martins would start teaching people a little bit of business sense. :doh: even if you retain the title of creative director, giving up more than 50% of one's company is the easiest way to lose control [halston, anyone?]....

[/b][/quote]
    I agree completely. If you sell a major stake in your business to a conglomerate, it's only natural that you are expected to give them a return on their investment by making sales.

Also remember Jill Sander... :shock: :wacko:

6. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

Mc Queen's eyeswear rules :p

glad he's in top form :heart:

7. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I feel bad that he's being pressured into things, but his perfume smells really good, so it isn't all bad.

8. pennyfei

pennyfei Member

Isn't he always busy, though!

9. ultramarine

ultramarine chaos reigns

Yeah ... but I think twas only sunglasses, no prescription ...

Oh! and about the soiree ... a kidney for an invite, anyone?

PS *secretly hopes that Lee's lurking here and feeling generous*

10. Acid

Acid yes

:shifty: a black card holder american express party
    this smells of money, celebrities, free drink and goodie bags

11. seditionary

seditionary New Member

sean u know im expectin u to get us both on the list :flower: :heart:

12. faust

faust New Member

It does, my wife wears it - yummy.

13. Johnny

Johnny New Member

"Gucci Group bought a 51 per cent share in McQueen's company for a reputed £54,000,000. The deal also included ten new McQueen stores and the establishment of McQueen's own "house" in Paris in 2002. "

It's difficult to feel too sorry for the guy, no?

14. Scott

Scott Stitch:the Hand

It doesn't smell too feminine,does it? I've been keen on a bottle myself and the ingredients don't scream "for women".

15. faust

faust New Member

Honestly, that was exactly what I thought and I was not thrilled with my wife getting it. BUT, what I did not realize is that the beauty of the smell comes out after it airs out. It is strong and confident, yet feminine, and it has personality - which exactly mirrors his desings (and my kind of a woman!) B)

16. faust

faust New Member

It is, you guys are right. Lee has enough talent to be a strong but not a corporate designer a-la Ann Dem or Vivienne Westwood. Who knows, he could've been the next JPG. That was his choice, and I'm sure he was smart enough to realize that he'll have to heed the way of $$$.

17. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

Honestly, that was exactly what I thought and I was not thrilled with my wife getting it. BUT, what I did not realize is that the beauty of the smell comes out after it airs out. It is strong and confident, yet feminine, and it has personality - which exactly mirrors his desings (and my kind of a woman!) B) [/b][/quote]
    I've only smelled it once or twice, but I do remember it smelling really good as it wore on. To me it was feminine, but not in the typical pretty, flowery kinda way. It was different. Can't imagine it on a guy though.