Josep Font Paris Store

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
font_4359_.jpg

Designer Josep Font opens Paris store
05/12/2004
The historic location has been redesigned to reflect Font’s creative universe.

Spanish designer Josep Font has just injected some new momentum into his international career with the opening of his first store outside Spain. For some time now, Font had been seeking ways to add an international dimension to his work and has now chosen Paris as his first staging post to achieve it.

The store at 11 Rue de la Sourdiére, a stone’s throw from Place Vêndome, is a redesigned historic location that dates back to the 18th century, when it was first a kiln and subsequently a blacksmith’s.

The design and décor have had to comply with strict standards in an attempt to retain the historical architectural and decorative features including vaults, whilst producing an original setting in keeping with the designer’s creative vision. Spread over two storeys, the premises boast a striking staircase and minimalistic décor based on natural elements which serve to highlight the collection.

In recent years, Font has become a solid exponent of Spanish fashion with a highly personal style, shying away from more modern trends in favour of garments with an aura of mystique and touch of romanticism. Perfection in pattern design and meticulous selection of materials in both his apparel and his accessories have revealed an artistic spirit capable of transcending national boundaries.

The firm’s management claim this is the first step in a growth strategy which will blossom over the next few years as stores open in many of the world’s major capitals.

erhh its a guy, glad you like his work space :wink:

:woot:
DSCN6319.jpg
B)

DSCN6334.jpg

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 1:30 pm

oops I think I miss read teh anme :unsure: :blush:

Joseph Font is pretty cool. Agree with Tott.

Congrats to him on the new shop.

Originally posted by Lena@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 3:30 pm

:woot:
DSCN6319.jpg
B)

Is that really the model?! Anywya, thanks for posting. I had never heard of him, but I really like this stuff especially the dress in his store.

she's not a model, she's a statement :P

JF is almost-famous in Paris, he's been doing the Workshop showroom for ages
plus his shop is on a very cool street/area
:ninja: i've been following his collections for some years now :flower:

Sadly,he's also terribly underrated for the things he does.

He is definetly getting international dimension to his work with his Paris store. This gets him more press and more fans (i.e. as we can see tFSers are falling for him).

Though, IMO, I don't see anything great in his work, really, from the photos posted. The first set of coats are okay, the dress after those is okay also (I've been seeing that 'trick' used alot in the FW '04 collections). The rest been there, done that. :rolleyes:

Still thanks for posting, Lena. :flower:

This top I like though. :wink:
DSCN6339.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->