Junya Watanabe Collection Pictures from the 1990's

This stuff really is timeless, sort of. It could be 20 years old and still look fresh!

eeeeee, absolutely lovely. :heart::heart: thank you for the pictures travolta and nqth! travolta, i'm eagerly waiting your elaborations.

thanks guys for the feedback...^_^...
johnny...
you know i do dress like this from time to time...
but i would more often if i thought that it was more 'acceptable'...
it just dosesn't work in every situation...

it is indeed a rare sight to see...

soft, i'd probably either a) start crying with joy if i saw you (or anyone) wearing this on the street or b) propose marriage or c) both !

:lol:

i wish it were more acceptable..why is it ok for art school kids to wear crazy clothes?

You are all welcome:-)

It actually strikes me that Junya Watanabe is never "punk" nor "angry", at least not as much as CdG or Undercover are. He is more like Yamamoto, in a way, sometimes so poetic and romantic. His use of "non fashion" materials, like plastic, hightech, metals, and vivid colours... is just amazing.

i totally agree, nqth..it seems cliche to say at this point, but they are pretty much the epitome of fashion as work of art.

nqth said:
You are all welcome:-)

It actually strikes me that Junya Watanabe is never "punk" nor "angry", at least not as much as CdG or Undercover are. He is more like Yamamoto, in a way, sometimes so poetic and romantic. His use of "non fashion" materials, like plastic, hightech, metals, and vivid colours... is just amazing.

i agree, i do not think junya is punk or angry at all. his first colletion was soft swathes of material..it was very romantic. cdg always reminds me of chess..she's always keeping a look out and she's one step ahead (although i've never played chess) i don't think is like yamamoto, except that is don't think he ever tries to be anything is isn't..even though his collection seem different they are the only colletions of any designer i can analyze and feel i know what he was trying to do? he seems very confident w/ his abilities in that it seems as if he is all over the map, but he is really just testing theories..and he's learning very quickly. i probably think he is the most like issey miyake, although issey eventually questioned the fashion industry and left..it seems in the end junya wants to make clothes that function. that is the direction he is going in, and neither yohji or rei does it in this way.

sorry, i really apologize for all my grammatical and mechanical errors! i type and type and i look back and it doesn't make sense :P

thanks travolta!
would be nice to illustrate, no? :innocent:

^ haha. you read my mind! :heart: ^_^ wait..i think i read your mind.. he he

Softgrey,

I looked for the most beautiful and sophisticated woman in all of New York wearing the most extreme and inspiring Junya Watanabe when I was in New York this weekend. Sadly I didn't see you.

Guys, summer 1998, autumn 1998 and summer 1999 are viewable again in the first two pages of this thread!! (almost 7 years since they went down!).. autumn 1998 in particular might be worth checking out for those who haven't!, if it wasn't for the quality of the pictures (and the thin eyebrows of the models of course :P), this could very easily be presented now, it's got elements that are used frequently by designers these days while at the same time looking even newer than most F/W 12 shoes, if not all. :lol:

Fall/Winter 1999 :heart:

[firstview.com]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->