Junya Watanabe S/S 10 Paris

feels like a more commercial approach from him this season. not bad. some classic junya only a bit more simplified. and some accessible graphic pieces.

Yes...lots of simplicity going on w/everyone at the moment. Whenever I see collections loaded with only black and white...I take it as a precursor for whatever and whomever will follow.

Great collection, though. Lots of actually wearable pieces, albeit it looks like a "best you Junya's top-hits" collection.

Shoes look like a lot of fun!!

not for me. its actually quite ho hum...i do think he did a marvelous job with the tailored suit looks though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can barely focus on the clothes, the headpieces are breathtaking and take this to another dimension. :wub:

i think it's fantastic...!!!
:woot:

this is the only kind of patterrn/print i can take...
really graphic and high contrast....
and i love that he can go from artfully draped and twisted oversized pieces to expertly nipped and carved fitted jackets so seamlessly in one collection...

this one's a home run imo...
:heart:

Love the graphic presence, hate the shape and proportions. If they aren't experimental they should be flattering and this is neither experimental or flattering....

I love the opening tailored looks...I actually really like all the suiting here.

I'm not to crazy about the rest...reminds me a bit too much of McQueen FW 09.

I can barely focus on the clothes, the headpieces are breathtaking and take this to another dimension. :wub:
Me too.. It's nice to compare with Tao Kurihara's take on them, in S/S '08. Maybe a good representation of the differences between all the designers for CDG. Rei always seems to do them as hair :D

I love the first few photos here, the angles of the shots with the harsh lighting. The chiaroscuro and the mood. It's like the makeup he did last fall.

As for the clothes I like how some of them reflect the light. It looks like a moiré. It's always moving.

This is definitely very commercial (if not too commercial for him). Junya definitely makes very nice jackets..and the suits are borderline office appropriate...I'm excited! :D

rastafari is coing to town :innocent::innocent:
Jah!!!!!! Rastafari, emporor Haile sealsie I. Amaka backa Far-I

Bobo Dreadlock headwraps aside, i like some of it,
even though its a little commercial coming from him,

the economy is really causing many to compromise their "art" these days...........

Caffeine, how art thou Sis?

d1.jpg

d2.jpg

d3.jpg

d4.jpg

d5.jpg

d6.jpg

catwalking

rastafari is coing to town :innocent::innocent:
Jah!!!!!! Rastafari, emporor Haile sealsie I. Amaka backa Far-I

Bobo Dreadlock headwraps aside, i like some of it,
even though its a little commercial coming from him,

the economy is really causing many to compromise their "art" these days...........

Caffeine, how art thou Sis?

I'm well, Zamb. I've been extremely busy and I've just caught up with the new shows. It's definitely an interesting season. It's funny that some just go very commercial and others just ignore the economic situation...such as Viktor & Rolf and Rick Owens.B)

who would've thought that we'd see a more avant collection from jil sander and prada than we did from junya wantanabe and yohji yamamoto? what's not to love here? a perfectly cut jacket? a simply of-the-moment shirtdress? but really, these designers are fighting for their very existence and it's clear that junya watanabe needs a fresh infusion of commercial success.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->