Junya Watanabe F/W 2022.23 Tokyo

runner

Reaction score
the second collection as junya watanabe
instead of junya watanabe comme des garcons
rei kawakubo once said comme des garcons should be retained as a company after her exit
but not as a brand
she was not going to entrust the name to anybody
seems like she has advanced time

all pics from fashionpress

JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_002.jpg JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_003.jpg JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_004.jpg JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_005.jpg JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_007.jpg JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_006.jpg
JunyaWatanabe_2022aw_001.jpg

nice seeing a runner thread! :heart:

Very junya 101 and unfiltered, caring nothing about trends/season, just happily diving into what he likes.. love it.. the gowns made out of bomber jackets look like fun experiments.

I want that brown cape made out of.. belts?

I like the MA-1 dress with orange tulle. It’s an obvious color combination but i like how he translated something expected into something unexpected.

And most of deconstructed patchwork designs are just insane!

The bomber dresses are what Chitose Abe´s wet dreams are made of...! I love them too.

The first part is very "Edward Scissorhands" mixed with gothic looks from "Fruits" magazine circa 1999.

Nice photography and incredible collection! The detailing is gorgeous, these are garments that fully express Junya’s ideas and convictions in every stitch. It’s clear that this is not for everyone but good fashion shouldn’t be.

The funnel neck leather cape is one of the best pieces of the season for me, no doubts about that.

Was taking the “Comme des Garçons” out of his label what he needed to do good work once again? So it seems.

Wow, I love this! That bomber dress with the orange tulle caught me off guard. Great collection!

Those bomber-dresses are the perfect solution for anybody who needs to look fashion-forward while travelling thru the tundra..:innocent:

Always good to see that actual design is alive + well in this man's designer clothes. Great job, siempre.

I’m just thinking about how bad I want one of those motorcycles leather? Capes or jackets. It’s stunning…
It’s a known territory and theme for Junya but it works everytime because it has somehow a new approach.
It’s simply stunning. The bar/péplum leather motorcycle jacket…Perfect!

the photography.. Jurgi Persoons Fall 2001

i'm with everyone about the photography. rockin shots that look like they were taken on film. and somehow clear like a buyer's lookbook in the showroom.
the mood is set and the garment is described well.

this stuff is to f*****g die for. you can see the quality. it jumps off the page. this stuff is €€€€€€€
just to have one of the leather jackets. the kind of stuff you keep for life and pass on in your will. just amazing.

^ completely agree
in another thread someone asked what luxury labels give good value for money, now i wouldn't call junya a luxury label but you definitely get a lot for your money spent here.
the design is there obviously, the make is perfect and he probably has the best pattern cutters in the business and really manages to get the most out of them

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MicheleO
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->