Just Bought These Shoes

If you like the heel, then go for it! Who cares if it's "feminine"? And if people give you crap just explain that you like them and feel comfortable enough with your masculinity to wear such shoes.

I don't like the first pair I think they look like womens shoes... but the last pair is cool..

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Aug 26 2004, 03:13 PM
Uh, yeah we do. :rolleyes:
[snapback]345871[/snapback]​

Then, please explain why.
:rolleyes:

izzard03.jpg

izzard04.jpg

Originally posted by Dego@Aug 28 2004, 06:55 AM
Then, please explain why.
:rolleyes:
[snapback]347871[/snapback]​

Sorry, but I don't consider Eddie Izzard or Boy George to be style icons. And though gender-bending is an occasional trend in high fashion, it certainly makes sense to have labels on men's shoes and women's shoes. It's not about being close-minded. It's about being practical and realistic. Men wear men's shoes. Women wear women's shoes.

I think people should wear whatever they feel comfortable with, and god knows I have a boat load of stuff in my wardrobe that is, technicaly, "women's." However I personally think these boots are very feminine and unattractive. Whatever floats your boat though.

Originally posted by Dego@Aug 24 2004, 06:24 AM
It's 2004! Do we really need labels like "womens shoes" or "mens shoes"? :argg:
[snapback]343620[/snapback]​
Uhhh...yes!

Originally posted by Dego@Aug 24 2004, 09:24 AM
It's 2004! Do we really need labels like "womens shoes" or "mens shoes"? :argg:

Yes we do, otherwise we wouldn't have them.

^ :clap:

I'm not a fan of the chunkier heel, the cuban heel is cool though.

When men wear "heels", aren't they called lifts? Or am I just having a 17th century moment again?

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 3 2004, 06:47 PM
Sorry, but I don't consider Eddie Izzard or Boy George to be style icons. And though gender-bending is an occasional trend in high fashion, it certainly makes sense to have labels on men's shoes and women's shoes. It's not about being close-minded. It's about being practical and realistic.
[snapback]383877[/snapback]​

You still haven't explained why. Try thinking out of the box once in a while.
Answer this: Men have worn heels during certain times in history, they were obviously not considered womens shoes only at that time. Why should they be considered womens shoes only at this time?

Men wear men's shoes. Women wear women's shoes.
Who or what defines what is a "mens shoe" or a "womans shoe"? Should women be allowed to wear flats? Men wear flat shoes. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by Nemova@Oct 4 2004, 03:22 AM
Yes we do, otherwise we wouldn't have them.
[snapback]384473[/snapback]​

Yes, it's obvious that some people are so scared of things out of the ordiniary, and so unsure of themselves that they have to reassure themselves of their gender by putting distinct labels on the things they use and wear.
Why does shaving gel have to have "For MEN" written on it? Are womens bodys allergic to that sort of shaving gel?

I'm gonna argue from the other side of the fence. I am a woman who wears men's shoes most of the time, or unisex shoes, like Dr. Martens. I wear blokey shoes because I find them more comfortable, durable, and practical. You can easily get wide widths if you need, they are made more true to the shape of a foot, the materials are stronger.

If some guy wants to abandon the comfort and practicality of men's shoes for the pinchiness, instability, and fragility of women's footwear, then that's his prerogative. I can't fathom it, but I won't condemn it, either.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Oct 4 2004, 04:54 AM
If some guy wants to abandon the comfort and practicality of men's shoes for the pinchiness, instability, and fragility of women's footwear, then that's his prerogative.  I can't fathom it, but I won't condemn it, either.
[snapback]384760[/snapback]​
Seriously, you're more then welcome to them... :innocent:

*frowns* I can't put my finger on it, but they just seem wrong.

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 4 2004, 07:13 AM
Yes, it's obvious that some people are so scared of things out of the ordiniary, and so unsure of themselves that they have to reassure themselves of their gender by putting distinct labels on the things they use and wear.
Why does shaving gel have to have "For MEN" written on it? Are womens bodys allergic to that sort of shaving gel?

So I guess I'm not modern and cool enough to abandon gender labels :rolleyes:

And shaving gels come in "men" and "women" versions because women's skin is wayyyyyyyy more sensitive than men's, generally. :wink: Even men complain it's too strong.

Originally posted by Dego@Oct 4 2004, 04:13 AM
... it's obvious that some people are so scared of things out of the ordiniary, and so unsure of themselves that they have to reassure themselves of their gender by putting distinct labels on the things they use and wear.
[snapback]384745[/snapback]​
I don't see any of these women needing reassurance about who they are...it might be you're the one with gender-identity issues. You seem a little confused and I'm sorry about that, but a gender-bending/"Rocky Horror Picture Show" world is not in the cards. Your fantasy of some kind of unisex utopia where all of human-kind wears interchangeable fetish clothing is not shared by most people.

Originally posted by Nemova+Oct 4 2004, 09:07 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nemova @ Oct 4 2004, 09:07 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>So I guess I'm not modern and cool enough to abandon gender labels :rolleyes:

And shaving gels come in "men" and "women" versions because women's skin is wayyyyyyyy more sensitive than men's, generally. :wink: Even men complain it's too strong.
[snapback]384813[/snapback]​
[/b]

<!--QuoteBegin-shoesexy
@Oct 4 2004, 08:43 PM
I don't see any of these women needing reassurance about who they are...it might be you're the one with gender-identity issues. You seem a little confused and I'm sorry about that, but a gender-bending/"Rocky Horror Picture Show" world is not in the cards. Your fantasy of some kind of unisex utopia where all of human-kind wears interchangeable fetish clothing is not shared by most people.
[snapback]385417[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Thank you, Nemova and shoesexy! You both hit it right on the head.

Dego,

Please stop trying to paint us as close-minded, frigid, and hateful. We're very much far from that. If you're a guy and wish to wear stilettos, that's your prerogative. But don't expect no one to bat an eyelash. We don't live in a society that accepts that as normal and we probably never will. Sorry!

Originally posted by metal-on-metal@Oct 5 2004, 04:49 AM
Please stop trying to paint us as close-minded, frigid, and hateful. We're very much far from that.
Really? I haven't noticed.

And don't try to link my argument to some kind of "fetish". Do women who wear pants have a fetish for them?

Originally posted by oceanharlot@Oct 3 2004, 09:59 PM
^ :clap:

I'm not a fan of the chunkier heel, the cuban heel is cool though.

When men wear "heels", aren't they called lifts? Or am I just having a 17th century moment again?
[snapback]384503[/snapback]​

No I think you're right Ocean they are called lifts ...I'm pretty sure thats right anyway.

:flower:

Originally posted by Dego+Oct 5 2004, 03:22 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dego @ Oct 5 2004, 03:22 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>And don't try to link my argument to some kind of "fetish".
[snapback]385806[/snapback]​
[/b]

:rofl: Oh, you're right. You certainly don't have a "fetish" obsession: :rofl:
Is that your thumb in the last photo or a friend's? It looks like you need a manicure/polish.

Originally posted by Dego@Sep 30 2004, 06:56 AM
This shows how much (or little) you know. A lot of fetish heels are made from high quality leathers and real patent leathers (not plastic).

Besides, there is nothing in the definition of the word "fetish" that requires the shoes to be made of said materials or having a very high heel, some people have a fetish for kitten heels or sneakers. Some people have a fetish for suede.

The "extreme-heel-patent/plastic" look is just the mainstreams peception of what constitutes the concept of "fetish".

And, depending on how you define the word, all girls and boys on this board you just "love" shoes of different styles can be said to have a shoe fetish. Perhaps not in the Freudian sense, but in the Marxist sense (Valerie Steele talks about this).
not easily replicated = ugly
And fetish heels don't make a statment?

What classy ensemble wouldn't gain from being added with these beautiful boots?
valentine.jpg

Well, guys (and girls) can get turned on by most types of shoes, so how can you be so sure about your "fashion" shoes?
[snapback]380677[/snapback]​
Originally posted by Dego@Aug 18 2004, 04:20 AM
I want these!
BOATSHOE1-MB_blackpat.jpg

[snapback]336810[/snapback]​
Originally posted by Dego@Oct 3 2004, 10:19 AM
izzard04.jpg

[snapback]383835[/snapback]​
Originally posted by Dego@Sep 16 2004, 02:35 AM
show me a stripper who can walk in 6" heels..
bw_heels7.gif

[snapback]369053[/snapback]​

Could it be, and this is purely speculation, you're a male who likes to wear women's shoes? Hey, there's nothing "wrong" with it but let's be honest.

<!--QuoteBegin-Dego
@Sep 9 2004, 11:09 AM
1087225140.jpg

please don't ask about the situation in the pic... :huh:
[snapback]360910[/snapback]​
[/quote]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pappagallo