Kanye West Douche Watch 2009: Taylor Swift Edition

Kanye has been slightly irrelevant to the music world for the past few months and now we're all taking about him so I think he knew what he was doing when he did it.
knowing Kanye i dont doubt it.
the thing is like what he did was so unexpected to the audience as well as people close to the show Kanye thought he was being an @ss cool doing it that it backfire which i'm sure he never expected it. lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you ever listened to his beats and him rap? He's actually got something going there.

PS: On a sidenote that has nothing to do with this issue or about civility/etiquette, West's music is miles better than Swift's. I can't listen to Swift's without gagging at the cheesy cheeseball lyrics.

Exhibition A:

Romeo, take me somewhere we can be alone
I'll be waiting, all there's left to do is run
You'll be the prince and I'll be the princess
It's a love story
Baby, just say yes

*facepalm*

:lol: I love that song. I know it's corny and sappy, but I mean come on, it's country music. What country song ISN'T sappy?

I meant that as compared to how he was, lets say, last year. I meant to say "slightly less irrelevant
I disagree. He has quite a list of projects he has produced or guest starred on, not counting upcoming projects. Doesn't look "slightly" irrelevant to me. The guy is attention wh*re period. Negative/positive he loves to be talked about.

I disagree. He has quite a list of projects he has produced or guest starred on, not counting upcoming projects. Doesn't look "slightly" irrelevant to me. The guy is attention wh*re period. Negative/positive he loves to be talked about.

And clearly he's doing something right... seventeen pages later he's still garnering quite a few comments. :wink:

Yup its pretty sad .. but worse 'comments' can be found at any highschool .. and ones that are actually cruel.. well anyways its sad and rude and they both got publicity out of it. I'm def moving on LMAO

^ When he said he was taking some time off from the music business, I assumed it would be measured in hours or days :lol:

I meant to tour with Lady Gaga, not "tour" her. :lol:

ETA
^ When he said he was taking some time off from the music business, I assumed it would be measured in hours or days :lol:
:rofl:I didn't believe him. He's too much of a famewhore to be away from the public for long.

What is Lady Gaga doing with that idiot in the first place? She makes way better music than him.

No way! I love Lady Gaga. Sure she makes herself look like a transexual 99% of the time, but she's actually one of the few artists these days who actually dare to be different.

Kanye West hasnt done crap.

Uh actually she does make better music in my opinion , its fun and totally out there. Love her..

Hate Kanye all you want, but to say he "hasn't done crap," imo, is silly and untrue. But to each their own. Lady Gaga is very popular and her music is catchy and fun. But she also is gimmicky and her lyrics simplistic. If she's able to re-invent herself and her music like Madonna has been doing for the last 26 years, then I say she's a true talent. That remains to be seen.

Why are people saying that Kanye has been irrelevant??

No, he hasn't come out with his own album but he was the executive producer on Jay-Z's newest album Bluprint-3 which was number one on the charts and had quite an impressive debut. He is more than a rapper. He is a very talented writer and producer. I'm wondering if the people who are saying that he is irrelevant have really looked at his career or anything he has done past just listening to the radio and hearing his voice.

And what is this Lady GaGa is better talk? I'm a fan but lets be honest. Her songs all sound the same. Her image is contrived. Her lyrics are only about the partying, money, boys, and sex.

What he did was wrong but it was blown way out of proportion.

ok I've kinda had a change of heart! After hearing about the bullying she went through + listening to her songs + her interviews showcasing herdown to earth humbleness I must say I do quite like her..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->