Paper Magazine Spring 2018 : Christina Aguilera by Zoey Grossman

She looks amazing in her natural skin. Always loved Xtina. It's a shame how her music career just sort of fizzled out, but hopefully she'll have a resurgence.

She looks different even if she looks good.It’s great to see her with less make-up. She is the original Queen of Contouring, long before Kim.

It could have been totally different if she had the same dedicated support from brands that Rihanna and Katy currently enjoy.
I think that Karl has a bit of a responsibility in the lack of support she has received from brands...

She looks different even if she looks good.It’s great to see her with less make-up. She is the original Queen of Contouring, long before Kim.

I think that Karl has a bit of a responsibility in the lack of support she has received from brands...

What do you mean?

^^
10 years ago or a little bit more, he shot her for an American Magazine. I don’t remember if it was V or ELLE, but apparently, she was quite rude or displeasant toward people behind the scenes and Karl didn’t like that. Word of mouth made the job. If I remember well, he even spoke about that in an interview....

The shoot was during her BTB era so it was around 2006-2007.

When you have such a reputation and that one of the most influential person in the industry notice that, it’s quite difficult to have that much support. But at least she had some campaigns and covers under her belt.

....he even spoke about that in an interview....

Of course he screamed it from the rooftops.lol.

Not defending her, but I think her behaviour is pretty much on par with your contemporary pop star. Only difference is Selena, Miley and Katy know that the way to the top will include a little fling with fashion so they'll put their best foot forward with designers and editors. Back then they didn't care. Not booking a Vogue or Baxaar cover didn't hurt Christina's career. Neither did the Meisel/Versace campaign help all that much. In fact, that campaign wasn't very popular at the time. Fashion people hated it, and the public at large didn't care fot it at all.

Not booking a Vogue or Baxaar cover didn't hurt Christina's career.

That's for sure! Her bionic album did that all by itself.
I didn't like her Versace campaign. It was such a good collection from Donatella and for me, she ruined it...Even if i still have a soft spot for her Stripped era.
Versace in 2003 didn't need that kind of thing.

But i really loved her Back to Basics era. I think it was the highlight of her career in terms of music and style.

^^
10 years ago or a little bit more, he shot her for an American Magazine. I don’t remember if it was V or ELLE, but apparently, she was quite rude or displeasant toward people behind the scenes and Karl didn’t like that. Word of mouth made the job. If I remember well, he even spoke about that in an interview....

The shoot was during her BTB era so it was around 2006-2007.

When you have such a reputation and that one of the most influential person in the industry notice that, it’s quite difficult to have that much support. But at least she had some campaigns and covers under her belt.

It was for Elle UK, Christina was on the cover and Karl shot her and he was also the guest editor.

Okay, found something:

a member of his team talks about Lagerfeld’s recent photo shoot with Christina Aguilera. “She is horrible!” she exclaims. “She did not even kiss Karl good-bye. She just sticks out her head from the door, ‘Bye!’ ”

“Oh, well,” I say. “She is a pop star.” “Karl is a pop star,” she declares.

http://nymag.com/fashion/06/spring/15746/index2.html

That's for sure! Her bionic album did that all by itself.
I didn't like her Versace campaign. It was such a good collection from Donatella and for me, she ruined it...Even if i still have a soft spot for her Stripped era.
Versace in 2003 didn't need that kind of thing.

But i really loved her Back to Basics era. I think it was the highlight of her career in terms of music and style.

That was a good album. The media just picked on her especially Perez Hilton who was so influential that time. And now, the tides are turning :lol:

Of course he screamed it from the rooftops.lol.

Not defending her, but I think her behaviour is pretty much on par with your contemporary pop star. Only difference is Selena, Miley and Katy know that the way to the top will include a little fling with fashion so they'll put their best foot forward with designers and editors. Back then they didn't care. Not booking a Vogue or Baxaar cover didn't hurt Christina's career. Neither did the Meisel/Versace campaign help all that much. In fact, that campaign wasn't very popular at the time. Fashion people hated it, and the public at large didn't care fot it at all.
I didn’t like her Versace campaign when it came out. Her hair ruined every shot. There was even a separate campaign for F/W with Amber Valetta. That one was much better.

But I do like this cover though. She looks stunning!

Christina is a revelation on this cover. Never thought Id say that about her. Bravo Paper.

Okay, found something:

a member of his team talks about Lagerfeld’s recent photo shoot with Christina Aguilera. “She is horrible!” she exclaims. “She did not even kiss Karl good-bye. She just sticks out her head from the door, ‘Bye!’ ”

I wouldn't either. It's a job. I don't go around kissing people during a one-time job. Karl gets really angry when people don't kiss his a-, right? :rolleyes:

^^
That kiss is a sign of politeness for French people or at least people from French speaking countries.
I would be very offended if someone just stick her head from the door to say goodbye. Shake hands at least!

^^
That kiss is a sign of politeness for French people or at least people from French speaking countries.
I would be very offended if someone just stick her head from the door to say goodbye. Shake hands at least!

Well, then don't work with non-French people. She's American. I, for once, don't like physical contact with people I'm not comfortable with. I often hide behind other people and just stick my hand up saying "hi" just so I don't have to kiss anyone. I might shake hands but I often don't. I talk to people and look them in the eyes. Where I come from words mean more than anything else (a "thank you", a "pleasure to work with you").

People are different. If that is the only reason they blacklisted her...

Estefania's got a point. The fact that Christina tends to wear that much makeup tells me that she doesn't have a lot of confidence. Until now. It looks like she's grown up. You never hear her name associated with diva behaviour. Only once, where Blake Shelton and Gwen was concerned, which in my books is fine because I can't stand that oatmeal and milk couple.
Karl may again have gotten the wrong end of the stick from his 'team.' I wonder if it isn't the same team who pit him against Meryl over a couture dress. :lol:

I'll be getting this issue, but can anyone tell me whether Paper actually does fashion edits? Never see the content posted on here.

Is it too low-classy for you to care, @lewak?

I didn't even recognize her at first glance!

Me too! I was watching Dior SS 2007 collection, which is one of my favorite collections, and the soundtrack were songs from her Back to Basic album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->