Kate Winslet splits from her husband who cheated with Rebecca Hall?

hmm, am i incorrect in saying that mendes left another woman for winslet? i remember reading that before they were married.

^ Not sure about Sam but Kate had only split with her first hubby two months before she got together with him.

It was all over the British press and they ripped into Kate saying she was a b*tch for splitting up her family and running off with a more famous man. Her name was mud for quite a while.

whoah whoah WHAT...they were one of the couples i'd thought would stay together forever!

I saw this one coming the night she won the Oscar for "The Reader". It must have been hard for Mendes to see his wife winning an Oscar for a movie which wasn't the one he directed (and which sort of "flunked" compared to "The Reader"). Some people have trouble accepting their better half's success (when their careers aren't exactly thriving in comparison).

Last edited by a moderator:
so sad :( I hope everything works out for the best, regarding the kids and whatnot

I saw this one coming the night she won the Oscar for "The Reader". It must have been hard for Mendes to see his wife winning an Oscar for a movie which wasn't the one he directed (and which sort of "flunked" compared to "The Reader"). Some people have trouble accepting their better half's success (when their careers aren't exactly thriving in comparison).

But Mendes has his own Oscar! And even if he hasn't won one recently, he's definitely as well-respected as Kate Winslet, isn't he?

I wasn't surprised when Kate split from her first husband because it seemed as though their careers were on totally different levels and I could see how tensions would arise from that. But this one I am surprised by - I thought they were a good couple because they seemed very equal, both in terms of talent and career. Still, relationships are difficult to sustain anyway, even without all the stresses of fame and a Hollywood career.

I wouldn't say Winslet is more well-respected than Mendes in terms of critical estimation, though she of course has the bigger name. He's something like an A-minus list director.

Really surprised by this news. They seemed like a rock solid couple.

Woahh, this is shocking & sad for the kids. Now she's free to go after Leo! (I can have my own Titanic fantasy ok ok).

I'm not surprised they've split, I recall the BI about it... jealousy on his behalf.

I adore her and really hope she's back and better than ever soon

if they broke up because he wasn't able to be supportive of her success then she is better off without him :yuk:

Interesting. I feel bad for them and the kids but I hope it's true that it's amicable.

Kate Winslet And Sam Mendes Have Quit Each Other

katewinsletsambreakup.jpg

Kate Winslet and Sam Mendes have gone their separate ways after 7 years of marriage. Kate and Sam quietly broke up earlier this year after they realized their love died when they moved to the suburbs of Connecticut. Why didn't they just go to Paris?! Why did Kate have to try to abort her own baby?! WHY?! WHY?! Note: That's the plot of a movie, that isn't real-life. I think.

Kate and Sam issued this diplomatic statement through a lawyer:

"Kate and Sam are saddened to announce that they separated earlier this year. The split is entirely amicable and is by mutual agreement. Both parties are fully committed to the future joint parenting of their children."

Just because Kate Winslet broke up with her husband doesn't mean she's going to dive to the bottom of the ocean to grab Leonardo DiCaprio's hand and bring him back to shore with her so they can live happily ever after. That shi* was jut a movie! Yes, Kate and Leo are always dry humping on each other at awards shows, but that doesn't mean anything. They are just best girlfriends. Besides, Leonardo DiCatchaho only dates women he can order through the Sports Illustrated catalog.

dlisted

Maybe there is no oscar curse but only a PR move. These couples look happy, smile wide, go on every red carpet to look like the perfect couple for the actress to get her gold. Once she does, there is no need to pretend.

Maybe there is no oscar curse but only a PR move. These couples look happy, smile wide, go on every red carpet to look like the perfect couple for the actress to get her gold. Once she does, there is no need to pretend.
great point. :wink:
someone actually on ONTD pointed out that he/she in fact knows these two split a year ago but just now announced it (reliability of this info is questionable but kinda fits your theory too). :flower:

anyway, to add fuel:

This is what the British tabloids are trying to insinuate. That Rebecca Hall was the reason Kate Winslet left Sam Mendes although they stop well short of suggesting that Hall and Mendes had an affair. In fact, all they say is that Sam has worked with Rebecca several times and that Kate became uncomfortable with his support of Hall’s career. As already noted, Rebecca is indeed projected to have a bright future. Recently featured on the cover of Vanity Fair for the Hollywood Issue, and now competing with even Keira Knightley for her share of scripts, it’s certainly a tantalising storyline – acclaimed actress in her 30s threatened by a burgeoning actress in her 20s. But word is neither side is particularly sad about the split. And both are getting theirs, especially Kate. Of course everyone hopes she’s getting it from Leo.

Not surprisingly, already, reports are surfacing that he’s comforting her. She’s on holiday, he’s nowhere near there, but somehow he’s “comforting” her. She doesn’t look like she needs comforting. Click here to see photos. But there are still those who truly believe they belong together. So this picture is for them. A perfect candidate for Photo Assumption. From the Revolutionary Road premiere 2 years ago.
laineygossip

anyway, bit OffTopic but also Ontopic with the curse thing: Sandra and the rumors of her husband cheating on her emerged. O_o

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->