Kate Winslet splits from her husband who cheated with Rebecca Hall?

Kate Winslet is set to move back to England after the breakdown of her second marriage, she has told close friends.
The Oscar winner, 34, is said to be in ‘turmoil’ about the split with director Sam Mendes and is pondering a move back from New York, where she has lived for nearly seven years, to be close to her friends and family.
A source close to the mother-of-two said: ‘Kate is in meltdown mode and doesn't know quite what to do.

The people she's close to in New York are mums in schools but she thinks that will all change and her real friends – Emma Thompson, her sister Anna and her parents - are all over here.
‘Kate feels she needs a support system, but she is torn because doesn't want to disrupt her kids and is able to be very low key in New York.’
Miss Winslet will shortly return to filming her new HBO miniseries Mildred Pierce in the States.

As the Mail told yesterday, the blonde star had become ‘frustrated’ with Mendes’ close friendship with English actress Rebecca Hall, 27.
Mendes, 44, had spent the past year working with Miss Hall in London and New York on dual theatre productions of The Cherry Orchard and A Winter’s Tale for the Bridge Project.
And Miss Hall has been a ‘shoulder to cry on’ for Mendes as his marriage to Miss Winslet crumbled.

Speaking about Miss Hall's friendship with Mendes, a source close to Miss Winslet said: 'When Kate found out that Sam had grown close to Rebecca she was upset. Rebecca is totally Sam's type - a thespian mix of brains and beauty.'
A source close to Mendes confirmed to the Daily Mail: 'Sam and Rebecca are good friends, of course they are, they have spent the better part of a year working together on the Bridge Project. But to insinuate that there is anything further in the friendship is taking it too far.'

Meanwhile, others have claimed that Miss Winslet split from Mendes, 44, after he told her he could never be with just one woman for the rest of his life.

Miss Winslet was apparently left in tears after the noted theatre and film director told her in a frank conversation that he did not believe in having just one relationship.
A close friend of the actress told the Mail: ‘Sam had been really withdrawn and had shut himself away from her.

‘They then had this big talk and he told her ‘people can’t be inspired by just one relationship. For me, it’s never going to be about one relationship… life is a series of relationships.’

‘Kate told him ‘For me it is, that’s what I want’, but Sam replied ‘Well, that’s not what I want’ and they both knew the marriage could not go on, it was hopeless.
‘Kate did not want to break up, she had been trying her best to keep things together for months, but in the end it was just too much.’

The couple have a son Joe, six, and Kate’s nine-year-old daughter by her first marriage also lives with them in New York.
The children are currently with the star as she holidays with Emma Thompson in Puerto Vallerta in Mexico.

dailymail

new news on this i guess? i think there was a BI at the time implying this, but can't remember for sure.

She's the beautiful English actress who was blamed for the breakdown of Kate Winslet’s marriage to film director Sam Mendes.
Now, 18 months after being implicated as the ‘other woman’, it has been revealed that Rebecca Hall, daughter of veteran theatre director Sir Peter Hall, is dating the Oscar-winning film director.
A spokesman for Mendes last night confirmed he was romantically involved with Miss Hall, 29, saying: ‘It’s true they are in a relationship.’

A source close to the star added: ‘They are dating and have been for some time. I can’t put an exact date on it, but certainly nothing happened until after Sam’s marriage was over.’
The couple are believed to be spending time together in London where Mendes, 46, is directing the new James Bond film Skyfall. News of their relationship comes 18 months after Miss Hall was blamed for the collapse of Mendes’ six-year marriage to Titanic actress Miss Winslet.
At the time it was claimed Miss Winslet ended the marriage after growing tired of her husband’s closeness to Cambridge-educated Miss Hall, whose father Sir Peter founded the Royal Shakespeare Company.
But sources close to Mendes, who has an eight-year-old son Joe with his ex-wife, insisted the couple were nothing more than friends.
Miss Hall first met Mendes – who won an Oscar for his 1999 debut film American Beauty – on the set of her film, Starter For 10, where he was executive producer. He later cast her in two of his plays, a move that was said to have infuriated Miss Winslet.
A spokesman for Miss Hall was unavailable for comment.

dailymail

Can't say I'm surprised in the least. Rebecca was far too touchy about the subject when asked about it at the start.

Wow, I'm truly behind on all of this. Who in their right mind cheats on Kate?! :ninja:

I think the marriage was over even before Kate won her Oscar. Remember how she just gushed over Leo at the Golden Globes? That rose some eyebrows because they felt she gave more warmth to him than her husband. They probably stayed together for the Oscar campaign because a divorce scandal would have hurt her chances and she wanted that Oscar super badly.

Lol, well I long knew they had split of course, but had never heard the Rebecca Hall rumour. Hmmmm.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nationalsalt
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->