Kerry Washington

Kerry Washington attends the 3rd Annual Celebrate Sundance Institute Los Angeles Benefit at The Lot on June 5, 2013 - tlfan.to

Kerry Washington attends a party hosted by Jimmy Choo & Esquire during the London Collections SS14 on June 16, 2013 in London, England. (Photo by Mike Marsland/WireImage)

QIU3S5h.jpg

YmPAFWy.jpg

145zwRH.jpg

QOjEOR7.jpg

Mb78qHx.jpg

I really despise this dress. :sick: It's so shapeless, and even though that can work a lot of times, this is not one of those moments. Hair is also not working for me. Love the shoes though, and her face. She and Thandie are adorable. I want them to take over the world...or something. :crush:

Would have loved the dress if it showed off her figure a bit more. Looks like a high end sack of potatoes IMO. Still, does not detract from her beauty.

i think it would have looked better if she knew how to stand in it as well as my the hairstyle more modern

Vanity Fair August 2013:

Kerry Washington, who portrays Washington, D.C., fixer Olivia Pope on ABC’s hit drama Scandal, tells Vanity Fair contributing editor David Kamp in the August cover story that “one of the most profound things for me about the show is the number of white women of all ages who come up to me and say, ‘I want to be Olivia Pope.’”

“It’s especially profound in a place like South Africa,” she continues. “It’s called The Fixer over there, and it just started its second season. The fact that white women can see this woman of color as an aspirational character is revolutionary, I think, in the medium of television. I don’t think white women would feel that way about Olivia if her identity as a woman, period, wasn’t first in their mind.”

Washington sees the role of fixer as inherently feminine: “What I think is cool about Olivia is that she fully owns being a woman. There’s a very nurturing sense of ‘I’m going to take care of you—don’t worry about it. I’m gonna be your mom in this situation. You come stay in my office, have a cup of tea, and let my gladiators take care of you.’ There’s something very maternal about it. But there’s also something very executive about her, and I mean ‘executive’ in a presidential way.”

Washington assures Kamp that she is not Olivia Pope and says she is not as smart as the character she plays: “I have to learn things to be her all the time.” Her actor’s prep includes some student-like cramming—for example, reading Jeffrey Toobin’s The Nine to better understand Supreme Court machinations—and regular phone conferences with Judy Smith, the real-life D.C. crisis-management expert upon whom Olivia is loosely based.

The only child of two Bronx-based professionals, Washington had a socially conscious upbringing. She tells Kamp that at 13 she was taken to Yankee Stadium to see the newly freed Nelson Mandela speak, and upon turning 18, she recalled, “my becoming a voting citizen was celebrated the way other people would celebrate a Sweet 16. My parents took me out to dinner, and we talked about who I was going to vote for.” She also says that she took up swimming as a child because her parents told her it was the one sport in which proficiency might mean the ability to save a life.

Washington tells Kamp that some of the best actor training she ever had was as a teen safe-sex advocate, performing self-written sex-ed sketches with an educational troupe in schools and community centers: “We would stay in character after the show, and the audience would interact with us. It taught me the importance of really understanding everything about who you’re playing, because you never knew what question was going to come.”
vanityfair

I wish she could get more A-profile magazine. She deserves those so much. Plus she is almost always delivering in print or the RC, she got one of the classiest style with a major twist going around and she is always in for a new silhouette/make up/hairstyle. A real chameleon. I am still daydreaming about her Giles gown during the Django Unchained London premiere :heart:

Plus she keeps her real live very well under wrap, which is an achievement in itself!

No one knew. That's how awesome and private she is :smile: She got married in Idaho and it seems seems her parents acted as witnesses so I guess they married at the townhall? She married a Berkeley alumni, philanthropist & football player :smile:

According to rumours, they begun dating in 2012. Would die to see the dress but I am sure my wishes will not come true. And that's for the best :smile:

Her husband is Nnadmi Asomugha, player of the San Francisco 49ers.

Vanity Fair August 2013

pdf-giant via tfs visualoptimism

Thank you tixola :heart:

She looks gorgeous ! I especially love the close up + the picture in the desert & against a white board/background !

Congratulations on her Emmy nomination! I hope she wins!!!

I wish she could get more A-profile magazine. She deserves those so much. Plus she is almost always delivering in print or the RC, she got one of the classiest style with a major twist going around and she is always in for a new silhouette/make up/hairstyle. A real chameleon. I am still daydreaming about her Giles gown during the Django Unchained London premiere :heart:

Plus she keeps her real live very well under wrap, which is an achievement in itself!

OMG, completely agree! She is definitely one to show up in a boring black dress and she is never afraid to try new. Love her style!

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->